Ames Lager

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Congrats on the new job! Do you know if it is available in Ft. Dodge? I've never seen it when I've been there, been stocking up in either Ames, Ankeny or Milford.
Not much available in that area due to a different distributor, but that is at the top of my list when I start.

Reactions: Cycsk and NWICY

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Morning y'all. I've kind of hinted that there are some positive things going on with West O and Ames Lager and I am happy to finally announce one of those things. I have taken the position of Sales and Distribution Manager with West O. As a fellow diehard, I am beyond stoked to move back to Iowa and the Ames/DSM area to help grow the brand, especially Ames Lager, in Central and Eastern IA. We appreciate the support of our brand and WeWill and are excited for the next step.

I have taken note of all the concerns with the product and the lack of availability and distribution. I can assure you those issues are behind us, but it will take some time for me to get us into every bar/restaurant/bottle shop, so please be a little patient. That said, we have purchased more fermenters and brite tanks to continue to ramp up production and our distributor partners have been on board.

Please continue to share in the thread where y'all want to see the suds!

Cheers!

Welcome. Recently I heard that West O was bringing on someone to help with sales and distribution. Really glad to know that it is a fellow CF-er.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
the issue i have is the Ath dept doesnt need to generate revenue through creation of competing beers to Ames Lager

if they want to raise revenue they can do so by raising ticket prices, parking or (gasp) sell actual beer in their sporting venues!

I am confident that Ames Lager generates the most money of any of the WeWill partnerships and while i doubt he'll ever admit it, it has be frustrating for Blum that the Ath dept continues to undercut their effort by signing off on trademarks for competing beers when they themselves pushed back on WeWill/West O with their original design.
If that’s the case they should’ve made a beer that’s better tasting than the rest of them, because Ames lager is the worse of them.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If that’s the case they should’ve made a beer that’s better tasting than the rest of them, because Ames lager is the worse of them.
Everyone has a different palate. I like both Lager and Clonefest, wasn't in love with the black can Trice beer I tried.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Come help us build a better Ames Lager pyramid!

We are having another Ames Lager tailgate on Saturday, Feb. 24th, between the MBB and WBB games. Look for the white trailer, Ames Lager flag, and CycloneFanatics hanging out in the C3 or C4 lot (we will probably be in C3 just north of Center Drive).

Serving burgers, hot dogs, chips, salsa, cookies, Ames Lager, other beers, NA’s, seltzers, pop, and water.

No charge. “We will” give all contributions to the We Will Collective.

May be an image of ale and text

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Come help us build a better Ames Lager pyramid!

We are having another Ames Lager tailgate on Saturday, Feb. 24th, between the MBB and WBB games. Look for the white trailer, Ames Lager flag, and Cyclone fans hanging out.

Serving burgers, hot dogs, chips, salsa, cookies, Ames Lager, other beers, NA’s, seltzers, pop, and water.

No charge. “We will” give all contributions to the We Will Collective.

May be an image of ale and text

I saw the weather forecast and wondered about it. Thank you so much for doing this!
It's a lot of fun to swing by.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
For the record, the current amount donated by CycloneFanatics at Saturday's tailgate is $932 (and I just got another Venmo contribution a few minutes ago). You guys are amazing. We have a good time between games and the We Will Collective benefits.

View attachment 124597
Love it! Can't wait to see how big y'all can grow this!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cycsk and chadly82

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron