Tang gonna Tang

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Why leave when you have a big buyout waiting if you get fired?

He had a public spat with the KSU President (and maybe the AD too?) early on about a player being kicked off the team. Now being weird all the time. Now throwing his players under the bus. Either he is really really un-self aware, or he is trying to get fired.

He's gone full Prohm on them. Maybe he gets another year, and wins 2 games...
I'm all for it, let it ride. They can be in the cellar for eternity for all I care.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Meanwhile TJ and Self quite often spend 5ish minutes talking and laughing before every game we have with KU. It really bothers me how much I like Bill Self most of the time.
I stood behind Bill Self at a buffet, one time at an Adidas event. He took the last of the smoked salmon. Never forgive that ****er.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Is tang even there next year? Usually when a conman is made as a fraud, they move on before the fuzz shows up.

I think he would jump at the chance for a lateral move to the Big 10 or SEC.

Before the season started, there were rumblings that he wanted out. The problem is, now that the feeling is mutual, I can’t imagine a high-major AD willing to hire him. He’ll either have to take a lesser job to save face (aka the Tubby Smith), or hope the AD can come up with $15 million (!!) for the buyout. I think they’re stuck with each other, and it’s hysterical.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Not sure who's gonna throw him that offer. Tang has gotten completely exposed this year. Dude is the equivalent of a Kirby vacuum salesman.
idk... right now he can still pretend like his value and rep are what they were at the start of the season. but another year next year like he had this year and he is fully cooked and going to be relegated to a smaller school, an assistant job, or maybe television. TV seems to be the best fit for him.

maybe when the hawks hire Bruce Weber away from the BTN, he can slide into Bruce's gig, and then 5 years later replace him in iowa city too.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
KState's motivation for it's game vs ISU on Saturday? If they win, they avoid having to play on Loser Tuesday in the Big 12 tournament!

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I think that was BS by Tang. To me it looked like KSU was putting in effort they just weren't very good. He is such a douche. He said the Cinci game was an NCAA tourney game and they lost lol, then said they are treating KU like a sweet 16 game and got destroyed, are they treating ISU like a elite eight game? Because if so i like how this is trending. Also thought it was hilarious he did a blow by in the hand shake line of KU coaches and players. I have a feeling ISU is going to win pretty easily for a road game.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Yeah...gotta be honest...I like Self! Seems like a guy I would enjoy playing for...or golfing with!
Yeah Self is without a doubt a larger than life character and the real deal in terms of recruiting, developing, coaching, and leading a blue blood program.

He has consistently been complimentary and respectful regarding ISU. It seems genuine and honestly it just means more coming from a guy of that stature.

It's completely fair to want to hate him and I don't think he's the best human being in the history of the world, but only a certain type of persona can take a job like KU and make it his b**** the way that he has, and it is NOT your buddy Joe Everyman salt-of-the-earth guy from down the street.

So in that context, I think he's a pretty good guy, and I'm not afraid to say I like both like and respect him.