*** Official #7 IOWA STATE vs #1 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023

Thanks for the compliment, Keith. Referring to ISU's absolute thrashing of the #1 team in the nation as "impressive" must have been challenging for you. Appreciate all your gushing accolades.

What a clown this guy is. Can't stand him, I've been anti-Murph ever since I was a teenager and realized SoundOff is just a H***eye media mouthpiece. If either H*** team especially CC did this he'd have a lot more to say than "Wow. Impressive." Hope he leaves/retires soon and we can get some talent in the Iowa media that actually appreciates the other top university in the state.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
No quickie poll on what seed ISU should be Murph? Lame.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What a clown this guy is. Can't stand him, I've been anti-Murph ever since I was a teenager and realized SoundOff is just a H***eye media mouthpiece. If either H*** team especially CC did this he'd have a lot more to say than "Wow. Impressive." Hope he leaves/retires soon and we can get some talent in the Iowa media that actually appreciates the other top university in the state.
If they work for WHO they always will be pro hawkeye.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Houston's last gasp was up 6-2, then we crushed 'em.
I dunno about that. They had come within one, right. Then we suffocated them on D and curbstomped them on O

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I dunno about that. They had come within one, right. Then we suffocated them on D and curbstomped them on O

1st half was back and forth, ISU had a good last 3ish minutes, then came out and placed their feet firmly on Houston's neck for the first two minutes of the 2nd half.

I won't expect the same shooting this next week but I do expect the same sort of ball movement and good looks and then hopefully enough go in.

Hopefully the free throw % is somewhere between last night (59%) and Baylor (92%) if things are going to even out.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
We have better depth. They have Cryer, Sharp and Shead. We win because for first time in his career Jamal Shead actually doesn't hit every clutch shot down the stretch (or at least that is what happens in my dreams). Dude is unreal. I hope we can contain him.
Win or lose this has been a fun tournament.
My dreams came true. :)

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
I won't expect the same shooting this next week but I do expect the same sort of ball movement and good looks and then hopefully enough go in.
If the ball is moving, the shooting will come. Usually when we shoot poorly, it's because we are taking bad shots.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If we are the 2 there though, Do we really want Purdue in our region?

Our history tells us that it will be hard to get out of the first weekend. As we all know, we have 6 Sweet 16's or beyond ever. Most years several #1 and #2 seeds go out the first weekend. I'm not afraid of any team. And I think we could lose to almost any team.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If the ball is moving, the shooting will come. Usually when we shoot poorly, it's because we are taking bad shots.

Yeah rushed/hurried shots with too much dribbling.

They seemed to have done a nice job sticking with that last night when Houston started pressing the perimeter more.