*** Official #7 IOWA STATE vs #1 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Since Kenpom first came online, no NCAA champion had less than a #40 adjO and #25 adjD.

ISU currently sits at #55 and #1. That puts you right on the edge of a Final Four berth by the numbers. Matchups will be key in advancing.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
I can’t see a situation where we don’t want them. Our guard play is better than theirs, and we play at a pace where Edey won’t be a huge factor. If we play Purdue, I don’t believe it’s a close game
Good reasoning by you and I hope it's correct. Eddy just scares me any way you slice it I guess.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Sampson said it emphatically. TJ, Milan, Tamin, and Gilbert did not say it. ISU fans are the best in the nation, and are a big part of the reason ISU won the conference tourney.

Reactions: NENick

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Wish one of our guys would have replicated the Kobe (now Caitlin Clark) photo with the trophy...that'd be the ultimate troll job.

She did it after a conf tourney title

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Sampson said it emphatically. TJ, Milan, Tamin, and Gilbert did not say it. ISU fans are the best in the nation, and are a big part of the reason ISU won the conference tourney.
It's exactly right and a big reason I hope the droves can invade Omaha and people are buying tickets now. I hope I"m wrong, but I don't think it will be that electric and uplifting in Omaha for the team as it was in KC. The fans uplift the team and give them energy - plus disrupt the other team on offense. Just look at the clear home court advantage in college basketball for every team. The numbers make it clear.

Really hope people on here are finding a way to get to Omaha and get in the arena. This team thrives on fan energy and I hope our fans willing to continue to be part of that success and help this team roll on to the Sweet Sixteen. Roll call for Omaha!?