*** Official #7 IOWA STATE vs #1 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

Essentially said they probably still would have lost even at full strength. Very complimentary of ISU, ISU fans, and the new Big 12 leadership.

I love that part. That arena was Lit. It really was. As I said earlier, not sure if they had hot mics on the crowd or not, but it’s rare you hear the crowd drown out the announcers. And it happened a lot tonight.

Flynn4Heisman

Mar 24, 2006
7-2 all time. Floyd, Eustachy, Fred, Prohm, and now TJ.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I was a huge Prohm guy his entire time here, and when Fred left, he was the one I wanted, and we got him.

I feel like the Morgan teams could have won one as well with some better coaching/scheming.

My God, Stinson/Blalock/Vroman/Sullivan were SO MUCH fun to watch.

Hard to believe Johnny never won one.

Last edited:

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Anyone want to go check in on the Houston forums? I wanna savor this
I wandered over for a bit. A mixed bag of opinions. Most realize ISU plays like them and is very difficult to play against that style with a couple guys out.
Some were in denial and were whining they were getting beat by "a bunch of crop farmers" ???
Some were questioning the sanity of this guy...
Screenshot_20240316-212808_Chrome.jpg
But, inevitably by early in the 2nd half, they realized it was over and hypothesized that Sampson had resigned himself to the fact there was no beating ISU today no matter how they were playing and just wanted to get out with no more injuries.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I wandered over for a bit. A mixed bag of opinions. Most realize ISU plays like them and is very difficult to play against that style with a couple guys out.
Some were in denial and were whining they were getting beat by "a bunch of crop farmers" ???
Some were questioning the sanity of this guy...
View attachment 125746
But, inevitably by early in the 2nd half, they realized it was over and hypothesized that Sampson had resigned himself to the fact there was no beating ISU today no matter how they were playing and just wanted to get out with no more injuries.

I sat right by these guys. They were having a great time and they were hilarious.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Favorite moment of the night was my 4 year old yelling “call a ******* foul ref” when lipsey got mugged. Wife was not amused but who cares. We just beat the overall #1 seed by 28
Reminds me of my boy when he was about 10, and we were in Hilton after a really bad call. He yelled "THAT'S BS" (without abbreviating it) and he was clearly embarrassed that it came out (and came out so loud) and the older guy beside us told him "that's okay, son, we've all been there"

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015

Thanks for the compliment, Keith. Referring to ISU's absolute thrashing of the #1 team in the nation as "impressive" must have been challenging for you. Appreciate all your gushing accolades.