*** Official #7 IOWA STATE vs #1 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
If the ball is moving, the shooting will come. Usually when we shoot poorly, it's because we are taking bad shots.
In those games along with the bad shots are bad decisions driving into traffic and turning the ball over. When we limit our turnovers we are really tough to beat.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Anybody know if they filmed the team arriving at the team hotel? Usually there is a parade in the hotel lobby with the band/fans etc..

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Anybody know if they filmed the team arriving at the team hotel? Usually there is a parade in the hotel lobby with the band/fans etc..
The team bussed home last night so I doubt that happened. TJ wants the guys to stay in their unusual routine

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha

Have to admit it seems kind of sad for fans of non Power Conference basketball teams. There are about 60 to 70 teams that can offer your players a better team to be on. Hard to keep anyone that's worth keeping.

On the other hand, an ISU can lose good players too (Tyrese Hunter). But not to better teams. Just to better money.

Lots of imbalances under the new rules. In the end once again, the rich get richer. A tale as old as time. I mean, I'm thrilled for our guys and our fans, but I still empathize with the teams and the fans who are bound to give up any decent player they find or develop. Maybe because in a way we are challenged with a similar problem with football now that our conference is on the short end of the money train there.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Have to admit it seems kind of sad for fans of non Power Conference basketball teams. There are about 60 to 70 teams that can offer your players a better team to be on. Hard to keep anyone that's worth keeping.

On the other hand, an ISU can lose good players too (Tyrese Hunter). But not to better teams. Just to better money.

Lots of imbalances under the new rules. In the end once again, the rich get richer. A tale as old as time. I mean, I'm thrilled for our guys and our fans, but I still empathize with the teams and the fans who are bound to give up any decent player they find or develop. Maybe because in a way we are challenged with a similar problem with football now that our conference is on the short end of the money train there.
Well UNLVRebelGirl was right - Keshon spent the last 2:30 minutes on the bench last night.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I wonder how the TV ratings were at their peak for the game last night.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It's exactly right and a big reason I hope the droves can invade Omaha and people are buying tickets now. I hope I"m wrong, but I don't think it will be that electric and uplifting in Omaha for the team as it was in KC. The fans uplift the team and give them energy - plus disrupt the other team on offense. Just look at the clear home court advantage in college basketball for every team. The numbers make it clear.

Really hope people on here are finding a way to get to Omaha and get in the arena. This team thrives on fan energy and I hope our fans willing to continue to be part of that success and help this team roll on to the Sweet Sixteen. Roll call for Omaha!?
Omaha is absolutely going to be electric. KC is a different beast with P&L right across the street, but ISU fans are going to swarm that city and arena.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Since Kenpom first came online, no NCAA champion had less than a #40 adjO and #25 adjD.

ISU currently sits at #55 and #1. That puts you right on the edge of a Final Four berth by the numbers. Matchups will be key in advancing.
Confused by this... some people say that's based on KP at the end of the tournament, which obviously raises those. It's hard to go back and look at rankings by dates as it is on Bart torvik.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Gotcha. Those hotel parade videos from the previous years were pretty cool.
They were awesome!! I wish they could have had that experience just for the players but, I get it, TJ is the locked in guy to a routine that i've ever seen. Some of it is almost funny but, hey, the man knows what works!!