*** Official South Dakota State vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Did not realize this until watching replay but Milan got all of his 19 before the 9 minute mark in the second. Didn’t score after that but wow

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Did not realize this until watching replay but Milan got all of his 19 before the 9 minute mark in the second. Didn’t score after that but wow

He could have scored 30 on them so easy...depending on our lineup some of the guys defending him were giving up a ton of size.

Reactions: rosshm16

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The browser version works much better than the app version.

I have no idea why Varsity app works fine one week then barely works another week. Doesn't matter if I update app, restart, etc...

It's a FANTASTIC concept but they just can't work out the glitches.

I have same experience that I run it through the Cyclones App or Cyclones website when it's glitchy...but i like to use it to follow other games when I'm out around town or hiking and it's so convenient to flip from game to game when it is working.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
My girlfriend supports ISU all the time with me despite not going there. She puts up with my constant yelling and screaming during games, she's bought lots of ISU gear to show her support, she thinks Brock Purdy is the GOAT. She's even made the trip back to Ames with me for a football game (we live just outside of DC so we're far from Iowa). She went to JMU, so today is all about supporting the Dukes. Anyone else pick JMU to beat Wisconsin? Their mascot is pretty awesome, too.

1711100910219.png

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
My girlfriend supports ISU all the time with me despite not going there. She puts up with my constant yelling and screaming during games, she's bought lots of ISU gear to show her support, she thinks Brock Purdy is the GOAT. She's even made the trip back to Ames with me for a football game (we live just outside of DC so we're far from Iowa). She went to JMU, so today is all about supporting the Dukes. Anyone else pick JMU to beat Wisconsin? Their mascot is pretty awesome, too.
I use emotion (vs. logic/reason) to fill out my bracket. There are very few teams I'd pick Wisconsin over, and JMU is certainly not on that list. Go Dukes.

==========

Great to see ISU come out and still play like we played in the Big 12 tourney. That looked like your typical 15 vs. 2 matchup, too much talent and too much depth. We probably could have gotten 20 points for Ward if we'd wanted to, his size/leaping ability was just too much for them. It reminded me of the tourney game in the Floyd era where we played Illinois State and Cato had like 30 points because their tallest player was like 6'7".

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I use emotion (vs. logic/reason) to fill out my bracket. There are very few teams I'd pick Wisconsin over, and JMU is certainly not on that list. Go Dukes.

==========

Great to see ISU come out and still play like we played in the Big 12 tourney. That looked like your typical 15 vs. 2 matchup, too much talent and too much depth. We probably could have gotten 20 points for Ward if we'd wanted to, his size/leaping ability was just too much for them. It reminded me of the tourney game in the Floyd era where we played Illinois State and Cato had like 30 points because their tallest player was like 6'7".
Wisconsin also loves underperforming in the tournament. Ever since they finished runner up in 2015 they only have one sweet 16 appearance, and zero appearances since 2017. It was fun knocking them out of the dance two years ago as an 11 seed.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wisconsin also loves underperforming in the tournament. Ever since they finished runner up in 2015 they only have one sweet 16 appearance, and zero appearances since 2017. It was fun knocking them out of the dance two years ago as an 11 seed.

Semantics but two Sweet 16s.

• Friendly
Reactions: Thomasrickj

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Guys played well yesterday. Good to see Milan keep shooting well. And really a lot of good performances. Hopefully Wards ankle is ok.
Really impressed with SDSU’s resilience and thought they fought hard. Really well coached team. I actually feel like Washington State is a better matchup for ISU. Don’t shoot a lot of threes and just average at shooting them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron