*** Official South Dakota State vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was hoping to play Wazzu mostly because if we lose to Drake we'll never hear the end of it from the Central Iowa sports media.

It would have been the only thing the eastern Iowa would have covered for ISU being in the tournament.

As of 6:50 AM:
Notice how there's just a small blurb on the bottom left?

But let's talk about Drake's loss.

Nothing here at all.

And even KWWL can't handle the information.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My girlfriend supports ISU all the time with me despite not going there. She puts up with my constant yelling and screaming during games, she's bought lots of ISU gear to show her support, she thinks Brock Purdy is the GOAT. She's even made the trip back to Ames with me for a football game (we live just outside of DC so we're far from Iowa). She went to JMU, so today is all about supporting the Dukes. Anyone else pick JMU to beat Wisconsin? Their mascot is pretty awesome, too.

View attachment 126064
I'm pretty sure I did WI just isn't that impressive to me.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He could have scored 30 on them so easy...depending on our lineup some of the guys defending him were giving up a ton of size.

If Milan can bulk up a little bit this offseason and have a go-to power move in the post when they put someone smaller on him-- look out. The Dirk fade is awesome, but it will be even more awesome once a post defender can't just sit on it.

Reactions: Die4Cy

8thfloor

Aug 3, 2021
A weekend in Waterloo throwing darts taught me that. One more lecture on how good CC is...
I was in Denver last week waiting at the luggage pickup and some Hawk fans were telling their friends who picked them up the same thing. That’s the first thing on your agenda? Weird. Moral of the story, never pick up friends at the airport especially if they are Hawkeyes.

• Agree
Reactions: CYCLNST8 and Jdk

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
If Milan can bulk up a little bit this offseason and have a go-to power move in the post when they put someone smaller on him-- look out. The Dirk fade is awesome, but it will be even more awesome once a post defender can't just sit on it.

He has improved his defense a ton already. But he needs to be able to operate better offensively, and work on passing out of, the high post. If he does that, he's an All American next year.

Reactions: Dgilbertson

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
On my Route today,I think I’ll listen to Nate Carr and then find a podcast that has a KY fan meltdown.

Reactions: NWICY

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Any word on Lipsey's shoulder or Ward's ankle? Both happened around the 5:00 mark when they could have been resting, but that's easy to say in hindsight. Hoping they are both ready to go Saturday.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He has improved his defense a ton already. But he needs to be able to operate better offensively, and work on passing out of, the high post. If he does that, he's an All American next year.
I don't think his defense was ever that bad. Some just assumed due to...

Reactions: Cloned4Life

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
It would have been the only thing the eastern Iowa would have covered for ISU being in the tournament.

As of 6:50 AM:
Notice how there's just a small blurb on the bottom left?

But let's talk about Drake's loss.

Nothing here at all.

And even KWWL can't handle the information.

As long as we ruined Travis' and Ross' morning, I can live with that kind of coverage.