Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Ordered a new phone, finally can get rid of this piece of ****. Keep having to restart everytime I lose signal and group texts won't automatically download sometimes. Hopefully 5G will be better. Says I can get up to $500 trade in value for this, but when they get it, they'll see it ain't worth 5 cents.
What is the current pos?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
My nieghbor was on his way to the gym Saturday morning around 4:30. His car was T-boned by a guy that blew through a stop sign at 8th and Grand in Ames doing 50 mph. They couldn't charge the guy with a DUI as he blew below the legal level according to my neighbor's wife. Neighbor is in rough shape. Broken shoulder, blood on the brain, broken ribs, broken arm, air in abdomen, broken pelvis and broken leg. Having surgery on his pelvis and arm this morning. His car was only 3 months old. His wife showed pictures of the car. I was surprised the passenger side bags had deploye but only the steering column on the drivers side deployed. I saw the police report online and it was taken at 4:38 am.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
My nieghbor was on his way to the gym Saturday morning around 4:30. His car was T-boned by a guy that blew through a stop sign at 8th and Grand in Ames doing 50 mph. They couldn't charge the guy with a DUI as he blew below the legal level according to my neighbor's wife. Neighbor is in rough shape. Broken shoulder, blood on the brain, broken ribs, broken arm, air in abdomen, broken pelvis and broken leg. Having surgery on his pelvis and arm this morning. His car was only 3 months old. His wife showed pictures of the car. I was surprised the passenger side bags had deploye but only the steering column on the drivers side deployed. I saw the police report online and it was taken at 4:38 am.
Woof, that sounds like a bad one. Good luck to your friend on his recovery.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
If there isn't anyone sitting in the passenger seat, the airbag shouldn't go off right? Not sure how that works with side air bags, do they also not deploy?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If there isn't anyone sitting in the passenger seat, the airbag shouldn't go off right? Not sure how that works with side air bags, do they also not deploy?
Yes, yes they do deploy at least that was my experience on a rollover that ended up wheels down in the end.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Looked it up, 9:09 central. Ridiculous making those kids start a game at 10 pm
Yeah, I get a 9:09 central tip if you’re on the west coast (or east coast but it’s the first game of the season so it is on the weekend and at a weird time), but that’s a ridiculous time for an NCAA tournament game

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Looked it up, 9:09 central. Ridiculous making those kids start a game at 10 pm
Yet Dan Hurley complaining about getting the early game because "it's just another way the Committee is screwing us." Nevermind that you will get more time off between Thursday and Saturday games than your opponent who won't be even done playing on Thursday.

The dude is an absolute clown.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Yet Dan Hurley complaining about getting the early game because "it's just another way the Committee is screwing us." Nevermind that you will get more time off between Thursday and Saturday games than your opponent who won't be even done playing on Thursday.

The dude is an absolute clown.
He seems to be on a complaint bender.
200.webp

Reactions: VeloClone