Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
He seems to be on a complaint bender.
200.webp
The world of comedy lost so much when we lost Gilda.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Galaxy a12, ordered an S23.
Of course I forgot Spectrum requires direct signature and you can't have it delivered to a walgreens, so I'll have to either ask my dad to keep an eye out or come home after work, grab the door tag, then drive back to the fedex place to pick it up hoping the driver makes it back before they close. Probably should've just went to a store instead.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Of course I forgot Spectrum requires direct signature and you can't have it delivered to a walgreens, so I'll have to either ask my dad to keep an eye out or come home after work, grab the door tag, then drive back to the fedex place to pick it up hoping the driver makes it back before they close. Probably should've just went to a store instead.
Your delivery problems continue.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I looked at the times for Thursday. 2 games in LA, 2 in Boston
This just makes no sense at all

LA start times
4:09 Pacific
6:39 Pacific

Boston start times
7:39 Eastern
10:09 Eastern

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Have any of you guessed who certain goofy people were fans of by their looks, clothes, actions, and such?

Saturday night in the P&L I needed to use the facilities. I told the son that I'd be right back and ventured back to them, it was kind of a maze and was pretty full. I went by the outside bar and had to squeeze around this couple who were seemed to be making out right in the ordering line. As I went by I noticed the dude looked to be sucking on the bridge of the woman nose and would not have been surprised if they got busy right there.............of course I pegged them as Iowa fans.

Then I got to the bathroom and only the middle of 3 urinals were open so i went there. My days of working security and knowing people who have been jumped with going number one has me always aware of my surroundings. The guy to my left had a winter jacket on, slicked hair, and a couple backpacks (noticed this walking in). The guy kept laughing so I glanced sideways a bit and saw him on his phone watching a video and texting someone (both hands typing away). So obviously this guy must have been doing the old, look mom no hands deal. I didn't check that out, just wanted to make sure he didn't turn towards me if I was correct. I placed him as a Stanford fan, outside chance of Cornell (he had some red on his clear backpack if that means anything).

Then I finish up (dude is still chuckling and texting as I walk out) and head back. Just outside the bathrooms doors is a guy with no shirt, a medical boot on one foot, a half duck dynasty beard, and is doing a crazy hulk hogan sun god pose. I guessed him as West Virginia.

Then as I'm walking some guy wants to take his picture with me. No idea why, but even though I probably hate doing pictures more than anyone I agree. I'm positive this was an ISU fan since they had ISU clothes. No idea why the picture (I made sure I had zipped and I hadn't done something like pee on myself or something to embarrass myself) but apparently he was happy and just wanted pictures with other ISU fans.

Then as I went back by the bar again, the horny couple was gone, or they were on the ground getting busy, I didn't look down, I was elbowed hard in the chest by someone who was extremely apologetic for the accident. I placed him as a Lehigh fan since they have a smaller fan base and he didn't want to tick off someone from a larger fan base.

Got back to my son then and finished watching the band some and my drink. Anyone else ever guess/stereotype fans like I do?

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
How the hell does that even make sense for TV coverage?
It is pretty much the same start time as the Iowa State @ Stanford game last night, its just that it will be 10 pm in the Eastern time zone while it was 7 pm in Stanford last night.. The NCAA needs to reign in the networks and put a clause in that the rights owner can set start times but the NCAA has veto power if the times don't make sense when paired with the actual time of day at the host site.

No scheduled starts before 10:30 am local time and no starts after 9:30 pm local time for 4 game (at a site) days. And no starts before noon local time and after 9 pm local time for 2 game (at a site) days.

Most important games of their lives for most of these players and they have to be playing them after midnight? That is just plain silly.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Then as I'm walking some guy wants to take his picture with me. No idea why, but even though I probably hate doing pictures more than anyone I agree. I'm positive this was an ISU fan since they had ISU clothes. No idea why the picture (I made sure I had zipped and I hadn't done something like pee on myself or something to embarrass myself) but apparently he was happy and just wanted pictures with other ISU fans.
November 18th, 2011, and Iowa State has upset Okie State. Husband, myself, and a friend of ours storm the field, and immediately lose track of each other.

Husband made his way towards the band because....former band nerd. (Always a band nerd?) Anyway, he's just enjoying the scene when some rando guy grabs him and rando says to his friend "Hey! Take a picture of me with...THIS guy!" Rando's friend took the pic of Rando & husband with his phone, and they were gone.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
November 18th, 2011, and Iowa State has upset Okie State. My friends and I storm the field but lose track of each other. We said meet by the band if we get separated.

As I was heading that way, I see this random guy just enjoying the scene and tell my friend "Hey! Take a picture of me with... THIS guy!" I then spot the rest of my group and take off.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Enjoy the peace and quiet. Free lunch in Wesley Thurs if you want.
Darn it dude, I gotta train someone on installing a dosatron at 10 in Iowa falls. Was supposed to be tomorrow but the trainee needed to bump it to Thursday. You in the area any other day and I got it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Darn it dude, I gotta train someone on installing a dosatron at 10 in Iowa falls. Was supposed to be tomorrow but the trainee needed to bump it to Thursday. You in the area any other day and I got it.
You're just a busy guy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron