Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Standardized testing weeks are the best weeks for school cleaning. It seems to jar the nasty ideas from kids' minds. Tonight's big cleaning drama was a hall pass left on the sink of the boys' bathroom, and someone advertising to the girls' room that they're well-endowed.

On the other hand, our restaurant's website is down, going into its 4th day tomorrow. That's eliminated the online business, and half my weekend hours this past weekend. Nice job, whoever screwed that up.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Maybe I did it wrong but the FAFSA was way easier this year.
Yes it was, I didn't have to input anything from taxes. The only goofy thing was I needed to fill out my daughters first and then get an invite from her to do mine. I have a feeling I'm going to drive 40 miles and end up doing nothing basically but sitting and talking to him. He's the one who has had mental illness battles so sometimes he comes up with excuses for me to come over.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
UUhhhhhhhhhhh..............the girl complaining may want to read a little more on the application. Her biggest complaint is addressed on there IIRC.

Jon E. Is using the Fafsa to make political hay, but not doing anything other than that.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Do that on Thursday
All I care about is I don't owe anything. I started holding an extra $200 out of each check to try to keep up with the capital gains and dividends from my investment account. I got nailed on that a few years ago. I've been considering bumping it up to $300 per check for this last year.
I'll make that decision after Wednesday

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I took tomorrow afternoon off, Get to go over my taxes :(
Lew has been trying to settle his sister's estate for six months now, and he FINALLY had all the info together last week to drop off at the lawyer's office for them to prepare the estate tax return. He was then going to finish prepping ours before we left for Omaha. Got it mostly done, and was going to finish up the last few bits yesterday afternoon after we got back. Instead, he got an email from the lawyer's office asking for a spit-ton more data. He called the gal & ended up on the phone with her for a couple of hours, walking her through where she could find all of the info she requested in the packet HE HAD ALREADY GIVEN THEM. This law firm has been a huge part of the issues of getting the estate settled. Up until now, he hasn't been charging the estate executor fees, but he's about ready to do that...retroactively.

He finished up our stuff around midnight. :(

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Lew has been trying to settle his sister's estate for six months now, and he FINALLY had all the info together last week to drop off at the lawyer's office for them to prepare the estate tax return. He was then going to finish prepping ours before we left for Omaha. Got it mostly done, and was going to finish up the last few bits yesterday afternoon after we got back. Instead, he got an email from the lawyer's office asking for a spit-ton more data. He called the gal & ended up on the phone with her for a couple of hours, walking her through where she could find all of the info she requested in the packet HE HAD ALREADY GIVEN THEM. This law firm has been a huge part of the issues of getting the estate settled. Up until now, he hasn't been charging the estate executor fees, but he's about ready to do that...retroactively.

He finished up our stuff around midnight. :(
Dropped off the last documents just a bit ago while driving in pure ice. Mine were done until my CPA told me he forgot that he needed them so I should be done.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Dropped off the last documents just a bit ago while driving in pure ice. Mine were done until my CPA told me he forgot that he needed them so I should be done.
I uploaded my to H&R Block a week ago. I haven't gotten any calls asking for more info so fingers crossed. 4 1099s this year due to moving accounts and Schwab buying TD Ameritrade

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I uploaded my to H&R Block a week ago. I haven't gotten any calls asking for more info so fingers crossed. 4 1099s this year due to moving accounts and Schwab buying TD Ameritrade
We use Schwab for banking and our stock portofolio. They're very good at getting documentation out quickly.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Were the Schwab and TD ones separate? My Schwab one looked like it had everything on it.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
All I care about is I don't owe anything. I started holding an extra $200 out of each check to try to keep up with the capital gains and dividends from my investment account. I got nailed on that a few years ago. I've been considering bumping it up to $300 per check for this last year.
I'll make that decision after Wednesday

This should be our last year of surprises at tax time. We hold out an extra $100/month from each job, which should skate us right by. If not, there's an extra job at the end of the year that either covers the rest or serves as our early tax return.

Can't wait till all the catching up is done. We're due for $1000/month of bills dropping off by July, just in time for student loans to take their place.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ms3r4ISU and wxman1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron