Former UNI guard Nate Heise taking visit to Ames Monday (committed)

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
They are going all in on next year. A 22 year old proven player is a great insurance policy against an 18 year old who’s never played at this level
Yeah. I wouldn't see it as a problem for either player (Heise & Indrusaitus).

Both of their roles will/have been spelled out to them. The majority of Freshmen aren't major contributors their first season. Milan's an obvious exception.

And Heise has 2 years left so when CuJo and KG leave, more PT opens up for both players.

Reactions: Westside clone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
TJ wants to be able to make complete line changes for substitutions.

Reactions: tman24

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
All of this activity suggests TJ is planning to play Milan at the 4 a lot more this year.

Which I think is a problem defensively. We were not a great rebounding team even with 2 of King/Ward/Jones on the floor. I think we got away with it because our forced TO rate was best in the country.

But all three of them are better defensively than Milan and better rebounders as well. Maybe TJ takes another step towards offensive/defensive balance.

I don’t know…

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
All of this activity suggests TJ is planning to play Milan at the 4 a lot more this year.

Which I think is a problem defensively. We were not a great rebounding team even with 2 of King/Ward/Jones on the floor. I think we got away with it because our forced TO rate was best in the country.

But all three of them are better defensively than Milan and better rebounders as well. Maybe TJ takes another step towards offensive/defensive balance.

I don’t know…
How often did we have Ward and Jones on the floor together? Didn’t Milan already get some minutes at the 4?

I don’t think Milan getting 10 to 15 more minutes per game at the 4 would be that big of change defensively. If we lose a little at the 4 in that regard, we gain some defending the wing via a more athletic player

Having opposing 4’s trying to muscle Milan in the paint isn’t the worse thing. Better than getting beat on the perimeter

And it would pull the opposition 4 away from the paint

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
How often did we have Ward and Jones on the floor together? Didn’t Milan already get some minutes at the 4?

I don’t think Milan getting 10 to 15 more minutes per game at the 4 would be that big of change defensively. If we lose a little at the 4 in that regard, we gain some defending the wing via a more athletic player

Having opposing 4’s trying to muscle Milan in the paint isn’t the worse thing. Better than getting beat on the perimeter

And it would pull the opposition 4 away from the paint
It was usually Rob and King, Rob and Hassan or Hassan and Tre.

• Funny
Reactions: nrg4isu

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
What are all these posts about jones not starting. That’s crazy he should definitely be starting.
Coaches will decide if he helps the team more by having a scorer on the floor at all times. He gave the team a lift many times coming off the bench. Heise could also fill the same role. This is from a game last Dec.
“Heise closed Tuesday's 74-55 win over Prairie View A&M with 25 points (6-9 FG, 2-5 3Pt, 11-13 FT), 10 rebounds, one assist, two blocks and one steal in 35 minutes.”

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron