***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
If PCA can just be league average with the bat he’ll be great.

I’d be surprised if Shaw isn’t in Chicago at some point this year. Caissie probably gets a taste as well.

Best thing to hope for Mervis is that he keeps mashing to elevate any trade value.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Just for the hell of it, I took Busch to have 2 RBI’s today, since he’s been on a heater. +750, turned my $25 bet into a nice Sunday!

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
We're pretty close to having a very long batting order with a slew of guys with 30 HR capability.
Suzuki
Busch
Morel
Caissie
Shaw
I would add Bellinger to this list as well. And honestly, I still think Mervis figures it out too. Hopefully he does it in a Chicago Cub uniform

Reactions: psychlone99

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I would add Bellinger to this list as well. And honestly, I still think Mervis figures it out too. Hopefully he does it in a Chicago Cub uniform
If he's productive this year he'll opt out. If PCA isn't ready next year we'll see Happ in center and Caissie on a corner opposite of Suzuki.

With the money they save add another ace from Japan.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Great series win.

1, 3, 4, 5 batters went 4-46 (.086 BA) but the bottom half of the order/Michael Busch and great starting pitching were able to help us out. That's what good teams do.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
If he's productive this year he'll opt out. If PCA isn't ready next year we'll see Happ in center and Caissie on a corner opposite of Suzuki.

With the money they save add another ace from Japan.
From what I've seen, there's no big names (at least at Yoshi/Senga/Imanaga level) projected to leave next year. 2025 tier 1 is set at $241. Cubs are currently at $233.

With or without Cody, the Cubs will easily have the money to get whatever star they want and stay under the tax. Getting Hendricks ($14.5) Smyly ($7.5) Neris ($9) Mancini ($7) Gomes ($6) Bote ($6) and Barnhart ($3.5) relieves you $53.5.

So you're looking at roughly $61.5 MM in spending money next offseason. Subtract some that will go to arbitration guys and add some for guys that will be cut.

With our farm, my $$ is on Burnes and another Gomes-like catcher.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
As a Cubs fan, I'm ecstatic. But I wasn't a fan of winning that way. Oh well. A wins a win.

I think I heard somewhere that aggressive base running is down in general, I'm sure there's a correlation right? That was a play were we all just move on a few years ago, Cub fans wouldn't have been outraged.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
From what I've seen, there's no big names (at least at Yoshi/Senga/Imanaga level) projected to leave next year. 2025 tier 1 is set at $241. Cubs are currently at $233.

With or without Cody, the Cubs will easily have the money to get whatever star they want and stay under the tax. Getting Hendricks ($14.5) Smyly ($7.5) Neris ($9) Mancini ($7) Gomes ($6) Bote ($6) and Barnhart ($3.5) relieves you $53.5.

So you're looking at roughly $61.5 MM in spending money next offseason. Subtract some that will go to arbitration guys and add some for guys that will be cut.

With our farm, my $$ is on Burnes and another Gomes-like catcher.

I know we scouted someone the other day. With a base of Steele, Imanaga, Assad and Wicks we're already pretty solid. If we can dump Taillon and spend that on a big time closer to pair with Alzolay we can be elite on the back end. Then you have Horton destine for the rotation and Brown as well or a really good late inning guy.
Now Almonte has had back 2 back good outings, Leiter back dominating plus Little look the **** out.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I know we scouted someone the other day. With a base of Steele, Imanaga, Assad and Wicks we're already pretty solid. If we can dump Taillon and spend that on a big time closer to pair with Alzolay we can be elite on the back end. Then you have Horton destine for the rotation and Brown as well or a really good late inning guy.
Now Almonte has had back 2 back good outings, Leiter back dominating plus Little look the **** out.
Well there is Roki Sasaki, who I’ve seen some places project him to be the best pitcher to ever come overseas. But I feel like it can already be sharpied in that he’s a dodger

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Well there is Roki Sasaki, who I’ve seen some places project him to be the best pitcher to ever come overseas. But I feel like it can already be sharpied in that he’s a dodger
The article assumed they would be the favorite but specifically mentioned us as a legitimate destination contender.

Help Support Us

Become a patron