Random Thoughts 18: The Year of Fire

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Great weekend with the family.

Been watching this Billy Joel special while I sit here procrastinating barely working on my final project for my class. Wish I had a talent. Can't believe God had the opportunity to give me something cool but said "no you get the gift of sarcasm."

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Things I spied with my little eye, a flock of turkey hunters going into the woods (2 dads and 4 kids), 5 deer running across the field , a flotilla of kayakers going down the river(6 or so). My newest grand nephew and his parents (even got to hold him:))
So yeah it was a pretty good day.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Been watching this Billy Joel special while I sit here procrastinating barely working on my final project for my class. Wish I had a talent. Can't believe God had the opportunity to give me something cool but said "no you get the gift of sarcasm."

My first grade report card noted 'Boxster is often sarcastic to his classmates."
:rolleyes:

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Apparently the Billy Joel special ran long. Even so last night was the first time I have seen a local station cut off network programming to start their newscast. Much less a late news on a Sunday night. Right in the middle of Piano Man BOOM off to the news. F that.

• Angry
Reactions: VeloClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Sarcasm is good. By gift of handsomeness can be both a blessing and a curse.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Apparently the Billy Joel special ran long. Even so last night was the first time I have seen a local station cut off network programming to start their newscast. Much less a late news on a Sunday night. Right in the middle of Piano Man BOOM off to the news. F that.
For reference.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Hoosiers is on. I caught it last week too.

One favorite aspect that I never really picked up on growing up is how in the championship game, the opponent isn't some 'bad guy' nemesis with a bunch of jackbags type of gimmick like other movies.

They're a really good team and both teams just play the game well as Hickory pulls it off.
Just watched the tail end of Miracle yesterday. They definitely protrayed the Soviets as a dirty team. I will have to watch that game sometime, but I never remember them being particularly dirty, just men playing against boys; men who had been playing together for years so they could out 'team' anyone.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Mrs. Velo and I (with a little help from son) got the whole yard raked this weekend. Not one of those easy, just raking leaves rakings but a deep, take that thatch out raking. I was finishing up and started loading up bags to take to the yard waste site when I saw neighbor who had aerated his lawn the day before. I joked with him that I had hoped the lawn fairy would have aerated mine the night before. He asked me if I wanted to borrow it. I said I would as soon as I got back from the yard waste site.

When I got back he had it hitched up to his lawn tractor and ready to go. I just had to take it over to my place, crank it down off the wheels, fill the water bottle weights and get started. I'm pretty sure it had never been done in the 20 years we have been there. He wouldn't take any money to help pay the rental, but I did tell him to let me know when he plans to take down the 2 ash trees and 3 apples he wants to take this summer so I can help him.

I am a bit sore today, but thankful that Mrs. Velo did about a third of the raking. It makes such a difference to have a helping hand on a tedious project like that.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just watched the tail end of Miracle yesterday. They definitely protrayed the Soviets as a dirty team. I will have to watch that game sometime, but I never remember them being particularly dirty, just men playing against boys; men who had been playing together for years so they could out 'team' anyone.
It also took place at the height of the cold war

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Mrs. Velo and I (with a little help from son) got the whole yard raked this weekend. Not one of those easy, just raking leaves rakings but a deep, take that thatch out raking. I was finishing up and started loading up bags to take to the yard waste site when I saw neighbor who had aerated his lawn the day before. I joked with him that I had hoped the lawn fairy would have aerated mine the night before. He asked me if I wanted to borrow it. I said I would as soon as I got back from the yard waste site.

When I got back he had it hitched up to his lawn tractor and ready to go. I just had to take it over to my place, crank it down off the wheels, fill the water bottle weights and get started. I'm pretty sure it had never been done in the 20 years we have been there. He wouldn't take any money to help pay the rental, but I did tell him to let me know when he plans to take down the 2 ash trees and 3 apples he wants to take this summer so I can help him.

I am a bit sore today, but thankful that Mrs. Velo did about a third of the raking. It makes such a difference to have a helping hand on a tedious project like that.

I find this "help" thing interesting! ;)

Used my yard chores as an excuse to skip going to gym and working out this weekend. Raking is thee activity my septuagenarian shoulders no likey.

1713195310760.png

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No kidding? I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet. BOOOOOO that, CBS!

Shades of Heidi during a football game...and if you remember that one, you're old like me!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Yes. Do you have any desire to assemble and repair large textile printing machines? We are also looking for somebody to sell these machines.
Why is it only sales? I’ve looked around and anything that’s remotely viable and translatable from my current career is sales. I’m not a salesman… I would suck at it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Why is it only sales? I’ve looked around and anything that’s remotely viable and translatable from my current career is sales. I’m not a salesman… I would suck at it.
Only fans sounds like a money maker.

Floater drivers at co-ops can make almost 80k.

Windmill guys make big money.

I have no idea what you do so I’m going random.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron