“Frick” Santa Claus

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Our kids still get all the perks, they just know it comes from their parents.
So they get excited by setting out cookies for you and then trying to stay up late and peek views of you setting their gifts out? Do they sit on your lap and tell you what they want for Christmas? Those types of perks they still get? Glad your kids still get that magic and excitement about Christmas.

Reactions: Lewey24 and NWICY

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I don't have a particular problem with how people handle it, but I rely on my own experience to decide. I remembered having fun with the whole Santa mystique when I was a kid and even played along long after I knew it was fake. It's harmless fun.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
So they get excited by setting out cookies for you and then trying to stay up late and peek views of you setting their gifts out? Do they sit on your lap and tell you what they want for Christmas? Those types of perks they still get? Glad your kids still get that magic and excitement about Christmas.

when you have a 3 year old in who won’t sleep and is in tears worrying about someone that we don’t know coming into the house in the middle of the night, you re-evaluate what’s important. Santa isn’t important enough to give any of my kids anxiety about it. The others were collateral damage.

• Friendly
Reactions: khardbored

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
when you have a 3 year old in who won’t sleep and is in tears worrying about someone that we don’t know coming into the house in the middle of the night, you re-evaluate what’s important. Santa isn’t important enough to give any of my kids anxiety about it. The others were collateral damage.
That is definitely a unique situation.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Ya our family has been considering getting rid of Santa, Easter Bunny, and the tooth fairy to eliminate those doses of happiness and excitement for all of the toddlers. A firm handshake for a lost tooth will do the trick.
Late push for a 2021 Clonie right here ^^

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I can’t be the only one who feels this way. I feel like we lie to our kids about Santa for no good reason. Why do we need to invent for kids a magical figure who watches their every move all year long and brings them presents on Christmas? Why can’t we as parents just take credit for the gifts we bought? Why not make the Christmas present tradition be about the spirit of giving?
Sounds to me like a discussion you should be having with your children’s other parent. Or you’re mad Santa didn’t bring you what you really wanted.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
No Santa, no Easter bunny, no tooth fairy, on and on??? Sounds pretty dull.

this. I am supposed to just go put money under my kids pillow without flapping my arms like fairy wings? Where is the fun in that. Especially when your wife sees you and her eye roll is audible.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
this. I am supposed to just go put money under my kids pillow without flapping my arms like fairy wings? Where is the fun in that. Especially when your wife sees you and her eye roll is audible.
Please ask her to take a video next time and post that.

• Haha
Reactions: wxman1

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I never really bought into it as a kid. But kinda just played along with it.

I do play along for my kids though. But I understand the OP, it's a little weird to be part of this giant worldwide conspiracy.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Sounds to me like a discussion you should be having with your children’s other parent. Or you’re mad Santa didn’t bring you what you really wanted.
I mean you joke about it, but I’d bet there are plenty of kids who wonder why Santa brought Jimmy so much cool stuff but not them, due to parents not being able to afford it.

• Winner
Reactions: cowgirl836

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron