12th Commitment - Carson Hansen

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I don't know what you call a lot, but we only have 4 scholarship RBs on the roster. That's not a lot in my book. That's the bare minimum you need, IMO. I'd like to have at least one, possibly two more.
I don't know...as of right now, you assume Brock, Silas, Sanders, Norton will be back in 2023. Add Hansen and that's 5, which is the perfect number IMO. Any more than that and you really run into issues getting guys carries and then you're looking at transfers. Now, if someone hits the portal after the season, you are a little short-handed, but there's always the transfer portal and late JUCOs to add some depth. I know ISU is sniffing around the IWCC RB some.

Tlyon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2017
Wow. Watched the highlights. His team is using a playbook designed over a hundred years ago. You rarely see double tight Power T that isn’t in black n white.

You’d be surprised by the amount old school offenses in Minnesota high schools. I remember moving from TX to MN in high school and I was told my new high school ran a veer offense. On top of that I think 5 of our games were against teams that ran veer or wing T offenses

• Informative
Reactions: CYCLNST8

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Does he play defense in HS at all? Could be a future safety possibly?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You’d be surprised by the amount old school offenses in Minnesota high schools. I remember moving from TX to MN in high school and I was told my new high school ran a veer offense. On top of that I think 5 of our games were against teams that ran veer or wing T offenses
A lot of old coaches in Iowa also. My oldest son's school (this kid just graduated from college) ran the wing T. My alma mater went to the belly option due to lack of players and a coach who was struggling to get players out.

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
A lot of old coaches in Iowa also. My oldest son's school (this kid just graduated from college) ran the wing T. My alma mater went to the belly option due to lack of players and a coach who was struggling to get players out.
I know of a few that still run the Wing T in Iowa. Aplington - Parkersburg to be one for sure. Bishop Garrigan also ran it if I remember. Not sure though. The good ole swinging gate at Starmont. Lots of old school still around or was at least 10-15 years ago.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I know of a few that still run the Wing T in Iowa. Aplington - Parkersburg to be one for sure. Bishop Garrigan also ran it if I remember. Not sure though. The good ole swinging gate at Starmont. Lots of old school still around or was at least 10-15 years ago.
Garrigan ran an I the last few years of their 11 man, or at least in the games I saw. Clarion had/has an old style offense. Several of the wing Ts in the area are even bastardized versions of it. Original one didn’t have the QB under center. Basically it was a combo of the wingT and another old offense that I forget.

Those old offenses will generally win you a bunch of games but seldom win you a championship (outside of class A) now. You hit the dome and those wing Ters struggle against the pass since they never see it in practice.

Hammerschlagen

Feb 23, 2022
Well if you’re in Minnesota (or Iowa, really) all of your HS playoff games are going to be outside in brutally cold weather. You better be able to run the ball. Spread offenses work better down south. Up here you better be physical

Reactions: aauummm