2011 wbb recruits?

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
so in other words, shes a big fat NO. Toobad, she woulda been a good addition to our team

She would be a good addition. Coincidentally, the Zags' Vandersloot (a Dutch name) is much like I'd think Vanloo could be. But Julie is stronger physically, though shorter, and may need to work on her assists/game.

CyBears

Sep 27, 2009
Did we not recruit some of those TxA@m ladies from KC ? They sure looked good tonight against Baylor.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
We did recruit the KC girls that are at A&M. I know a couple of them made it clear they di not wantto deal with the winters and wanted to go south.

Another irony is that all three of the Elite recruits from Iowa that choose not to stay in state are all going to Final Four teams. (Stokes-UConn, Wright-ND & Greenfield-Stanford)

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006
Bill was not interested in Adams out of high school. When she really made big strides as a senior here in KC, MU already had her signed despite grades being a question. Once she went juco with the heat on Stein she went south with the other KC gals

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
We did recruit the KC girls that are at A&M. I know a couple of them made it clear they di not wantto deal with the winters and wanted to go south.

Another irony is that all three of the Elite recruits from Iowa that choose not to stay in state are all going to Final Four teams. (Stokes-UConn, Wright-ND & Greenfield-Stanford)

Last year, I asked BF about the Kansas City/A&M players on his call-in show, and he said that he did not recruit any of them.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
Some of those KC gals wouldn't "fit in" in Ames. If you know what I mean.

no, I don't know what you mean. That kind of comment is both a slight to BF and to those players.

He may not have actively recruited them, that doesn't mean they didn't get a letter or a call from the staff and get the "no interest" response, and they just moved on.

CyBears

Sep 27, 2009
You're right Twistedredbird, that wasn't a comment to make here. I was actually trying to make fun of Bill's detractors, but it didn't come out right. I'll edit that out. Thanks.

cyking

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Boone
Is this an April fools joke CyBears. Were you trying to be funny. You better listen to your
son when he says your jokes are bad and no one finds them funny.:ptongue:

Polarbears

Apr 10, 2009
ESPN recruiting page lists 6'4" Post Kelsey Lang as considering ISU. Has she been mentioned here before? I don't remember it if she has been. Woodlands H.S., TX.

Cymo

Sep 30, 2009
Cushing
I believe I read that Lang in on the same AAU team (or High School team, not sure which) as Blakowski. Mred or some of the others may be able to confirm or correct that. Definitely a player I would love to see wear the Cardinal & Gold!

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA

I won't ever question the recruits Bill is going after, but when the outline on the player says, "tends to spend too much time away from the rim for a player her size" and " will have to get past her avoidance of physical play" it sounds like more of a project than gem. The BIG upside is that she is still VERY young. As she matures she will only get better.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I won't ever question the recruits Bill is going after, but when the outline on the player says, "tends to spend too much time away from the rim for a player her size" and " will have to get past her avoidance of physical play" it sounds like more of a project than gem. The BIG upside is that she is still VERY young. As she matures she will only get better.

I have a feeling she is high on our target list. She was at our Elite camp, and has both size and an outside shot. On the hoopgulrz top 100 watch list, I don't believe I would classify her as a project.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I would just like a recruiting class that's ranked somewhere - our 2011 class isn't even among Hoopgurlz' top 68 teams. I find it hard to believe that with our fan support, we can't have consistent Top 25 classes, even if ISU is in Ames, Iowa.
I've recently wondered if BF's assistants are "dynamic" or charismatic on the recruiting trail. For example, I've heard assistant coach Shannon Gage is a big reason why Bluder has signed some studs lately.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
I would just like a recruiting class that's ranked somewhere - our 2011 class isn't even among Hoopgurlz' top 68 teams. I find it hard to believe that with our fan support, we can't have consistent Top 25 classes, even if ISU is in Ames, Iowa.
I've recently wondered if BF's assistants are "dynamic" or charismatic on the recruiting trail. For example, I've heard assistant coach Shannon Gage is a big reason why Bluder has signed some studs lately.

Chris Hansen said the addition of Vanloo makes it a top 60 class. Our Sophomore going on Junior class was ranked as a top 25 class.