2011 wbb recruits?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yeah. She seems more like a small PF than a SF. Although she can shoot threes.

She hasn't made a three yet and put up some real bricks from the free throw line in the last game. Is she supposed to be a good shooter? She does rebound well for her limited minutes and gets a board for every 2 minutes she plays.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
She hasn't made a three yet and put up some real bricks from the free throw line in the last game. Is she supposed to be a good shooter? She does rebound well for her limited minutes and gets a board for every 2 minutes she plays.

She's a better shooter than she's shown. As a high school senior, she was 30-84 on threes (36%) and 48-67 on FT (72%). She's a better shooter than she's shown.

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
She's a better shooter than she's shown. As a high school senior, she was 30-84 on threes (36%) and 48-67 on FT (72%). She's a better shooter than she's shown.

What I like about her, besides hitting the boards, is that she either makes the bunny or gets fouled. She has not, so far, missed any easy lay ups. Unusual for our team.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

I apologize for repeating the first sentence. I'm not sure how that happened. I apologize for repeating the first sentence.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

I apologize for repeating the first sentence. I'm not sure how that happened. I apologize for repeating the first sentence.

Actually the repetition helps with my reading comprehension! :smile:

Thanks for the info on her HS stats. I do like what I see from the new gals and it's still really early this season.

Polarbears

Apr 10, 2009

I thought her stroke looked really good, I was surprised when I looked at stats and saw she hadn't hit a 3 yet. Coach Steyer called her "an undersized 4" at coach's lunch, if I remember her words. She seems like she has a good feel for the game, though she made some obvious freshman mistakes in the last game. Some of her blind passes have been spot on. I think she would beat most of our posts to a 50/50 ball... Not Pop, obviously:)

hobbes

Feb 20, 2010
Chicago
I noticed Julie Vanloo is playing on the same team as Kayla Tetschlag, formerly of UW Green Bay. Probably safe to say, Vanloo will not be eligible to play for ISU.

Kayla Tetschlag
"Kayla Tetschlag and Celeste Hoewisch, both a big part of why the Phoenix women's basketball squad finished No. 9 in the nation last year, are now professional players."

Declercq Stortbeton Waregem

wbbnut

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I noticed Julie Vanloo is playing on the same team as Kayla Tetschlag, formerly of UW Green Bay. Probably safe to say, Vanloo will not be eligible to play for ISU.

Declercq Stortbeton Waregem

Not so sure about this...isn't this the same club team she has played with in the past? (At the top left of that page it even has a club home link.) At least, this same team was mentioned in earlier press releases.
Julie Vanloo 2011 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPNHS

And here, it indicates she played on a "pro team" way back in 08-09:
Julie VANLOO

I would think that would have eliminated her then?

It also looks like she had a ankle injury recently, as indicated in this article:
Compagnons d'infortunes: Jana Raman et Julie Vanloo en prennent pour 4 Ã* 6 semaines

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Not so sure about this...isn't this the same club team she has played with in the past? (At the top left of that page it even has a club home link.) At least, this same team was mentioned in earlier press releases.
Julie Vanloo 2011 High School Girls' Basketball Profile - ESPNHS

And here, it indicates she played on a "pro team" way back in 08-09:
Julie VANLOO

I would think that would have eliminated her then?

It also looks like she had a ankle injury recently, as indicated in this article:
Compagnons d'infortunes: Jana Raman et Julie Vanloo en prennent pour 4 Ã* 6
semaines

I concur. I've been following Julie for a while and there is no mention of a change in her amateur status. She's played on the National Team and I think that is what you are referring.

Help Support Us

Become a patron