2011 wbb recruits?

fulll02

Apr 17, 2006
Des Moines
This may already be linked in this thread, but here is the Hoopgurlz class ranking for 2011.

Top 2011 recruiting classes from ESPN HoopGurlz - ESPN

I would contend that after the top 5-10 there is a complete breakdown to there being any integrity to the rankings. Harvard is ranked number 32 and Iowa State is not even "on the cusp". I don't need to have seen any of Harvard recruits or any of the Iowa State recruits to know that Iowa State has the better group of basketball players. That's only the most obvious example, I could list 20 more.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
This may already be linked in this thread, but here is the Hoopgurlz class ranking for 2011.

Top 2011 recruiting classes from ESPN HoopGurlz - ESPN

I would contend that after the top 5-10 there is a complete breakdown to there being any integrity to the rankings. Harvard is ranked number 32 and Iowa State is not even "on the cusp". I don't need to have seen any of Harvard recruits or any of the Iowa State recruits to know that Iowa State has the better group of basketball players. That's only the most obvious example, I could list 20 more.

Actually...Harvard has the #13 recruit, Temi Fagbenle, who was a McD All-American. Temi Fagbenle 2011 Basketball Recruiting News - ESPN

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Actually...Harvard has the #13 recruit, Temi Fagbenle, who was a McD All-American. Temi Fagbenle 2011 Basketball Recruiting News - ESPN

Thats one recruit. A class should be an aggregate, but that wouldn't help us out anyways. We had a pretty big class, but Hoopgirlz only deemed to evaluate one of our prospects(Moody, who is a top 100 player). The rest weren't even looked at. Thats not a knock on recruiting, that just shows that Hoopgirlz is a joke.

mhalb

Apr 11, 2010
Iowa
Thats one recruit. A class should be an aggregate, but that wouldn't help us out anyways. We had a pretty big class, but Hoopgirlz only deemed to evaluate one of our prospects(Moody, who is a top 100 player). The rest weren't even looked at. Thats not a knock on recruiting, that just shows that Hoopgirlz is a joke.

Yea, I always thought Hoopgirlz thing was a joke because they don't look into small schools (1a and 2a.) We have had/have players that are better than the ones that are on the top 100 each year, but they didn't get looked at because they grew up in a small town and didn't play for a known AAU team. For example, Kelsey Bolte & Hallie. Hoopgirlz is good, but not accurate sometimes.

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
In a little over a month the new class will be on campus and we will be seriously tracking the 2012 recruits. I think we could see as many as three of the freshman get major playing time next season. Ellis should start at the 3 position with Moody and Van Loo playing at the 1 and 2 spots. Loz will still start at point. BF loves senior point guards. I like the added bodies and think even with out the Bolt we will have a decent season and be back in the Big Dance. Lastly, HoopGurls like all ratings systems are flawed. If they don't see you than you aren't good enough in their books. We aren't a top name recruiting school so BF has to go out an uncover some of the hidden gems in the area and he does it very well. Go Clones...

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I won't ever question the recruits Bill is going after, but when the outline on the player says, "tends to spend too much time away from the rim for a player her size" and " will have to get past her avoidance of physical play" it sounds like more of a project than gem. The BIG upside is that she is still VERY young. As she matures she will only get better.

Lang is doing well and Iowa State is still on her list. Here's a recent game article: Consol girls basketball team loses to The Woodlands - BrazosSports.com - Bryan / College Station, TX

There any other recruits making news or season updates for 2012 or 2013?

Last edited:

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
It would be great to have the following and updates like the boys do, then I could expand my Recruit Lists project into the girls' basketball scene too...

Emiah Bingly was named Kansas City Star's HS Player of the Week though:

Bingley, a 5-foot-7 guard and an Iowa State recruit, surpassed the 1,000-point mark for her career Monday with an 11-point effort in the Titans’ game against Staley. She followed that with 18 points against William Chrisman on Wednesday and 16 in a 52-49 win over Notre Dame de Sion on Friday. “She’s our only returning varsity starter from last year, so we have a young team,” said Lee’s Summit West coach Darin Hall. “But Emiah has the ability to keep us in games. And the thing she is able to do is get to the rim, and she’s also a three-point threat, as well.”

Another commit, Nicole Blaskowsky scored 18 this past weekend in a tournament then followed it up with performances of 26 pts & 25 pts to lead Austin to victories. The 25 points came against the #14 ranked team in class 5A (Katy Taylor).

And Madison Baier led South Tama with 24 points on Tuesday night for a 70-48 win.

Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
“But Emiah has the ability to keep us in games. And the thing she is able to do is get to the rim, and she’s also a three-point threat, as well.â€￾

And that is exactly the kind of guard we need. Blaskowsky is also a very talented guard -- here's an excellent article on her: PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Bigger role no problem for Austin's Blaskowsky - Your Houston News: Fort Bend .

Throw in Vanloo (if she also comes to ISU), and that's a very good young backcourt. With Mansfield and Cole both gone, there will certainly be plenty of minutes available, too.

Polarbears

Apr 10, 2009
Where did Coach Jack say he was going this week, in the post game show? Rural Kansas was it? Any likely post players out there?

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
And that is exactly the kind of guard we need. Blaskowsky is also a very talented guard -- here's an excellent article on her: PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Bigger role no problem for Austin's Blaskowsky - Your Houston News: Fort Bend .

Throw in Vanloo (if she also comes to ISU), and that's a very good young backcourt. With Mansfield and Cole both gone, there will certainly be plenty of minutes available, too.

What is Ellis playing for us this year? She appears to be more of a SF from what I have seen her do in games(she has tree trunks for arms)? I thought she might be playing a little more guard, but if not we will have the minutes to toss at SG.

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009
What is Ellis playing for us this year? She appears to be more of a SF from what I have seen her do in games(she has tree trunks for arms)? I thought she might be playing a little more guard, but if not we will have the minutes to toss at SG.

Fallon has been mainly playing inside; she is a strong rebounder for her size. Really gets after it on the boards.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron