MLB: *** 2021 MLB Season Thread ***

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Why? Because theyre willing to go for it? …do you hate the padres, as well? Because theyve made more moves than the dodgers in the last 2 years
I really, really want to hate the Dodgers but most of their best players are homegrown (Seager, Kershaw, Buehler, Bellinger) and they've done a good job stocking their farm which allows them to do things like this. Basically, I realize that I'm just jealous.

• Agree
Reactions: StormnClone58

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
I agree with Jomboy's take.

Thank you! … the notion that theyve bought their whole team is bs and overplayed … theyve built through their farm system, put themselves in position to make the necessary moves and signed the proper FA’s … cant tell me people were knocking down turners, muncy’s and taylor’s door 4-6 years ago

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
I really, really want to hate the Dodgers but most of their best players are homegrown (Seager, Kershaw, Buehler, Bellinger) and they've done a good job stocking their farm which allows them to do things like this. Basically, I realize that I'm just jealous.

Exactly, they took the chance and traded for Betts who at that time was on a one yr deal. Luckily for them he resigned with them but he didnt have to, he was set to be a FA

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Thank you! … the notion that theyve bought their whole team is bs and overplayed … theyve built through their farm system, put themselves in position to make the necessary moves and signed the proper FA’s … cant tell me people were knocking down turners, muncy’s and taylor’s door 4-6 years ago

I'm a old Yankee fan so hated the Tommy Lasorda era Dodgers but they were out of the running for so long that time has tempered that. Having the Dodgers back in the mix is good for baseball.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Craziest deadline week in a long, long time. That's basically because the Nationals and Cubs sold half their rosters but still, it's been awhile since this many big name players were on the move.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Guess we'll see before and after pics of Gallo tomorrow since he'll be shaving dat beard off. ;)

I am just assuming that he'll be injured within two weeks. The last outfielder they acquired lasted two weeks before an ACL and the kid called up for him lasted one game. The Yankee outfield is injury cursed this season, adding injury to the insult of them just not playing good baseball.

No bueno.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The Yankees added a versatile arm to their pitching staff before Friday's 4 p.m. ET Trade Deadline, acquiring left-hander Andrew Heaney and cash considerations from the Angels in exchange for Minor League right-handers Janson Junk and Elvis Peguero. - MLB.com

So Yanks basically got a junk pitcher for Junk but still had to throw in Elvis. :rolleyes:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
A fun week in covid surging Florida seemingly gave Yank fans hope that maybe the Yanks might make a wildcard but now their players are testing positive and going on the IL. Yesterday it was Gerrit Cole and today another starter, Montgomery. Add Domingo German in with a shoulder and that's over half the starters lost in two days. Two guys active that have started 100 games in the majors and next guy in rotation has started 5 games in his career. They rolled out some bum of the week last night (Healey with his one million ERA) and he couldn't even get the Orioles out. LOL.

I'd stuck a fork in the playoff potato at the all-star break but with the play and trades pulled it out. Sticking it back in.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yankees have used three pitchers tonight, all of them rookies just called up today making their major league debut. First time since 1950. I'm shocked they've got into the 8th pitching a shutout between them.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Short a second baseman and shortstop for my injury list Yankee team! Will consider trades. ;)

Torres had me thinking I might fill one of the slots when he jammed his hand today but he's still in the game.

Starting Pitchers
Gerrit Cole, Cory Kluber, Luis Severino, Jordon Montgomery, Domingo Germain, Michael King
Closer
Aroldis Chapman
1st
Anthony Rizzo
2nd
Open!
SS
Open!
3rd
Geo Urshela
Catcher
Gary Sanchez
LF
Tim Locastro
CF
Aaron Hicks
RF
Clint Frazier
DH
Miguel Andujar

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yankees have used three pitchers tonight, all of them rookies just called up today making their major league debut. First time since 1950. I'm shocked they've got into the 8th pitching a shutout between them.

It's weird with guys making a debut. Hitters have no history to look at. It seems like with guys making a debut it goes 2 ways really bad or really good.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It's weird with guys making a debut. Hitters have no history to look at. It seems like with guys making a debut it goes 2 ways really bad or really good.

^ Truth. Although Luis Gil followed up his six first game shutout innings with five more in his second start today. Twin fans might not be happy if he keeps pitching like this and find out the Twins gave him up to get outfielder Jake Cave in a trade with Yanks a couple years ago. Qualifier, pitched against the Orioles and the Mariners and not Boston or Toronto but still a great start.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Saw this randomly. Funny. Ball girl gets involved and kinda jacks the runner.

Love the crowd.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron