MLB: *** 2021 MLB Season Thread ***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Short a second baseman and shortstop for my injury list Yankee team! Will consider trades. ;)

Torres had me thinking I might fill one of the slots when he jammed his hand today but he's still in the game.

Starting Pitchers
Gerrit Cole, Cory Kluber, Luis Severino, Jordon Montgomery, Domingo Germain, Michael King
Closer
Aroldis Chapman
1st
Anthony Rizzo
2nd
Open!
SS
Open!
3rd
Geo Urshela
Catcher
Gary Sanchez
LF
Tim Locastro
CF
Aaron Hicks
RF
Clint Frazier
DH
Miguel Andujar

Well, ****, got my SS/2nd guy now. Gleyber Torres added to my IL team.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, this certainly isn't getting any better based on this. :oops:

Dodgers star Trevor Bauer, on leave amid assault probe, was subject of previous protection order

An Ohio woman sought the order in June 2020 after repeated threats from the then-Cincinnati Reds pitcher, according to her lawyer and records separately obtained by The Post. Photographs independently obtained by The Post also show bruises on the woman’s face and blood in her eyes, which her attorney said was caused by Bauer punching and choking her during sex without consent. Those allegations are similar to ones made by a woman in Los Angeles this summer when she applied for a temporary restraining order.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Nine games left and it's a three team Eastern Division dogfight for the two AL wildcards. Blue Jays have the easiest schedule with six games versus the Twins and the Orioles. Yanks have the toughest with all remaining games versus Boston, Rays and Jays but also a "control your own destiny" thing with the games against the Jays (don't see them catching Boston). Boston has the tough final series at Washington without the DH, always a challenge for teams built for the AL.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Nine games left and it's a three team Eastern Division dogfight for the two AL wildcards. Blue Jays have the easiest schedule with six games versus the Twins and the Orioles. Yanks have the toughest with all remaining games versus Boston, Rays and Jays but also a "control your own destiny" thing with the games against the Jays (don't see them catching Boston). Boston has the tough final series at Washington without the DH, always a challenge for teams built for the AL.
I'd watch out for the Mariners for 1 of those AL Wild Card spots. The other 3 teams could beat each other up and Seattle could sneak in there.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Could he be available? Can the Angels pay both Trout and Ohtani? With 2 seasons left before free agency this would be the time to get a monster haul in return. And if that potential scenario played out well...the Angels could be good in 2 seasons and could sign Ohtani as a FA again. If Ohtani plays with the Angels 2 more years without an extension...there are only 4 or 5 clubs that would be in the mix to be able to pay him right? NYY or Boston for sure if he didn't mind playing on the east coast. Not sure the Giants would fork over that amount of money but the Dodgers certainly would! Would the Angels have the courage to trade him this offseason?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...ing-effort-future-los-angeles-angels-want-win

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Could he be available? Can the Angels pay both Trout and Ohtani? With 2 seasons left before free agency this would be the time to get a monster haul in return. And if that potential scenario played out well...the Angels could be good in 2 seasons and could sign Ohtani as a FA again. If Ohtani plays with the Angels 2 more years without an extension...there are only 4 or 5 clubs that would be in the mix to be able to pay him right? NYY or Boston for sure if he didn't mind playing on the east coast. Not sure the Giants would fork over that amount of money but the Dodgers certainly would! Would the Angels have the courage to trade him this offseason?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...ing-effort-future-los-angeles-angels-want-win
I feel like I'd want them both to show a healthy season before I backed up the brinks truck for either.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I feel like I'd want them both to show a healthy season before I backed up the brinks truck for either.

With Trout...the only way the Angels trade him to rebuild is if they pay most of his contract so they might as well keep him! But Ohtani is relatively cheap in terms of his current contractual situation. He would be worth adding to any team...but how many prospects could a team give up for him and still compete for a couple of seasons?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
This is a crazy stat. Just shows you what a ridiculous season the Giants are having and it was totally unexpected.

• Wow
Reactions: cyfanatic

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Trout is a great talent, but I'd love to see the stat on the percentage of games he's missed due to injury.

Edit: last two years really brings the average down, but in last ten seasons Trout has played in 125 games/year.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’ve fallen off following much of the league since my Twins suck ass. What is the story with the giants? Who are their studs? What’s they key to throwing down so hard this year?

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I’ve fallen off following much of the league since my Twins suck ass. What is the story with the giants? Who are their studs? What’s they key to throwing down so hard this year?

The player on the Giants I like to follow is the submariner Tyler Rogers. He leads the majors in appearances this season.
And while he's a righty, when they say he's identical to our Twin, they're not kidding.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Still down to the wire for AL wildcard. My prediction is going into Friday it will be Yanks and Sox tied with Rays and Mariners 1 game out, assuming the Jays win tonight with likely Cy Young Ray on the mound and Sox woodshed the Orioles. Than it's a best of three scum over the weekend for the two spots.

Yanks will be hard pressed to hold on to "1st" let alone maybe hang on for 2nd. Taillon was slotted to pitch one game this weekend but he's out for the year now with a torn ankle tendon he tried to come back from but reinjured pitching on Tuesday. Both weekend games are listed as starter "TBD", one might have to be a bullpen game. And, even if Gallo's hand isn't broken, I doubt he is back for any games. Jays looking pretty good with their four 25/100 sluggers and finishing up hosting vs the hapless Orioles. Sox on road vs Washington, so no DH which AL teams don't always adjust to, still advantage Sox. Mariners host the we ain't got no pitching Angels, advantage Seattle.