2022/23 Coaching Staff Changes

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
It was truly one of the biggest implosions I've seen, and even during it I was far from convinced TCU is/was anything special. Just a complete calamity for ISU's offense more than anything else. I actually thought the defense was mostly fine outside of the first 10 minutes and very end of the game. Just nothing the defense really could have done.

My point was that the offense was typically bad as we've become accustomed to. But the defense gave up 5 TD's and something like 15 yds per reception which was not typical of that unit.

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
My point was that the offense was typically bad as we've become accustomed to. But the defense gave up 5 TD's and something like 15 yds per reception which was not typical of that unit.
Your point was wrong.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
What will hopefully be different is specific play calling, execution and I PRAY a new approach to our not-so Special Teams.
This is another key. All the coaches that we hire and retain need to do a better job with Special Teams. It needs a new approach!
Special Teams Coordinator???!!!!! Where/Who is it? Can’t suck every time we kick or send returners on field!
It seems (my very unofficial count of a few teams I looked up) that maybe 40% (??) of teams hire and use an ST coordinator (K-State is one of them)(including an ST analyst even). The other, maybe 60% of teams (TCU is in this group) do NOT have an ST coordinator coach (just an ST analyst). It will be critical that we get a "set of coaches" or a Special Teams coach that approaches and teaches much differently than in the past. We NEED new coaching here! ST coach or not.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
So..a lot of talk, but nothing on pages 1,2,21, and 22 about possible replacements for Manning. Trying another thread....

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
Manning etal almost had to know it was coming, if not having already been officially informed even as early as the Tech game.

Which has caused me to wonder if the otherwise inexplicable goal line calls vs Tech was a big middle finger to Campbell and the team.

Probably just routine dumbness, but makes for a nice a conspiracy theory, suitable for CF.
Possible Manning could see the choice was TDS or be canned. TCU game feels like the team already knew about it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

It wasn't that unusual either.

Texas and Tech didn't have to work too hard to score after giving up the lead late.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I've got no problem with the move, but I'm not sure what the point of making a guy interim for three days was.

Maybe he was the 2nd choice and they just wanted to let him know that they were serious, while waiting for the final answer from their 1st choice. I'm sure he was getting phone calls.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron