NFL: 2022 Fantasy Football Discussion

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I have Aaron Jones as my RB2 facing TB. Should I bench him in favor of James Robinson, Dameon Pierce, Antonio Gibson (my current flex)? Jones had a good game last week, but TB's defense is tough.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I have Aaron Jones as my RB2 facing TB. Should I bench him in favor of James Robinson, Dameon Pierce, Antonio Gibson (my current flex)? Jones had a good game last week, but TB's defense is tough.
Just because Tampa has a good run defense doesn't mean he won't get involved in the screen game heavily. That's always been his strength instead of a traditional runner.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Just because Tampa has a good run defense doesn't mean he won't get involved in the screen game heavily. That's always been his strength instead of a traditional runner.
Yeah, my thought process is that if the running game isn't going, they're going to play Jones more due to his pass catching ability.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Yeah, my thought process is that if the running game isn't going, they're going to play Jones more due to his pass catching ability.
Good to know. He didn't do much week one, but the Packers coaches mentioned that they would try to utilize him more the following week and he was the highest scoring RB in my league last week. Playing against a bad Bears team probably helped last week though.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I bunked with Brian Ferentz in section 8 housing... he was on top.

No. That'd be the definition of overthinking your starters. If you have two guys that are basically equals, then I'd let schedule determine it. But Jones is way better than your other options. Gotta go with him regardless of the D he's up against.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Getting Dalvin or Henry would be good rn but I can't seem to come up with an offer I think anyone would buy. Feel like it has to be 2 players or its too obvious you're trying to buy low.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Getting Dalvin or Henry would be good rn but I can't seem to come up with an offer I think anyone would buy. Feel like it has to be 2 players or its too obvious you're trying to buy low.
It's early but if I was a Henry owner I'd be concerned with what we've seen so far for a guy that most probably invested a top 5 pick for.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
It's early but if I was a Henry owner I'd be concerned with what we've seen so far for a guy that most probably invested a top 5 pick for.
That's the time to sneak him away, but not sure how to structure it. I agree, he may not end up being worth the top 5 but I believe he's still going to get volume and is still a good RB1, just not a great one.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Cole Beasley today? I’m thinking about starting him, could be a PPR machine
Seems risky, especially with Davis returning today. Just depends on your other options.

Lazyboi69

Dec 7, 2021
I bunked with Brian Ferentz in section 8 housing... he was on top.

I guess my thinking is, he reached out to you. To me that means he needs this more than you do. I'd definitely not give up Higgins because then you're just going from being weak at RB2 to being weak at WR1, so what are you really gaining? With Gabe looking like he'll be back sooner rather than later, the most I'd offer is Deebo + Penny/Akers (give him the choice). I'd avoid giving up multiple WRs because then you'll just be running thin there.
What about higgins and devonta smith? I feel like I’d rather give up higgins than Deebo

Lazyboi69

Dec 7, 2021
Who do I start between gabe Davis, Garrett Wilson, devonta Smith, Gage, and Metcalf? Would probs start gabe Davis but he’s likely limited with his injury. Gage also may receive more targets with Evans and Godwin out but also is playing through hamstring issue. Wilson has been hot so considering starting him too. Also, anyone have thoughts on starting Rashaad penny vs cam akers today?

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Deciding between starting Marquis Brown or Lazard this week. Lazard vs. Tampa and Brown vs Rams. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards Brown with that game being more of a potential shootout while Tampa may be run heavy chewing clock vs Green Bay today.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Not looking good for Montgomery after yesterday. He's banged up with ankle and knee injuries and Herbert had a huge day in his place.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron