MLB: ***2022 MLB SEASON THREAD***

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That was a fun, drama-filled game. McCormick had one hell of a catch to save it in the 9th
Verlander seemed to appreciate that catch, after the game! Gave him a big hug.

As great of a pitcher Verlander is and has been, he has been snake bit in the World Series, at 0-6 with an ERA of 6.07. As of last night, he is 1-6. He got the win! I'm happy for him there.

And Verlander is 39 y/o, the front-runner for the Cy Young this year. If the Astros win the WS, it would cap an incredible career.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Verlander seemed to appreciate that catch, after the game! Gave him a big hug.

As great of a pitcher Verlander is and has been, he has been snake bit in the World Series, at 0-6 with an ERA of 6.07. As of last night, he is 1-6. He got the win! I'm happy for him there.

And Verlander is 39 y/o, the front-runner for the Cy Young this year. If the Astros win the WS, it would cap an incredible career.

And he gets to go home to Kate Upton

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I am not a fan at all of either team...but this Series has been fun to watch! Wow...Houston just keeps producing/finding good players (yeah...I hate the cheaters too but love Dusty) and the Phillies have some good players too but they play so damn hard! My heart couldn't take it if I were a fan of either team! Fun stuff to watch!

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Yordan Alvarez...that guy is so clutch! Wow! Amazing he was a Dodger in the minors...traded him for Josh Fields??? All teams have those stories but this guy would OWN LA (along with Betts)! Anyway...that was a fun moment!

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Yordan Alvarez...that guy is so clutch! Wow! Amazing he was a Dodger in the minors...traded him for Josh Fields??? All teams have those stories but this guy would OWN LA (along with Betts)! Anyway...that was a fun moment!
That was an absolute moon shot. No way the guy who caught it could have ever imagined he would see a ball.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That was an absolute moon shot. No way the guy who caught it could have ever imagined he would see a ball.
And that was a pretty darn good pitch by Alvarado, a 99 mph FB, nice an low.

Just a better swing and hit. Timed it perfectly and crushed it.