NBA: 2022 NBA offseason

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
It was a lot but Cleveland still has Garland, Mobley, Allen, Levert.

Garland and Mitchell in the backcourt is salty.
Getting Mobley was only way Jazz could win this trade in public eye and that wasn't happening. Utah had a leverage problem in already starting the rebuild process

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Cleveland got fleeced

What? Cleveland got far and away the best player, one who is a huge upgrade over Sexton. Those first round picks (assuming they are in the near future) will be late first round picks. Mobley, Garland, Mitchell, and Allen are all All-Star level players under 25, Okoro is also under 25. That's a great core, they are a serious contender in the East, Mitchell is a guy that can carry an offense in the playoffs. Get some more wing depth but all their big pieces are there.

• Winner
Reactions: Blackhawk6515

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
What? Cleveland got far and away the best player, one who is a huge upgrade over Sexton. Those first round picks (assuming they are in the near future) will be late first round picks. Mobley, Garland, Mitchell, and Allen are all All-Star level players under 25, Okoro is also under 25. That's a great core, they are a serious contender in the East, Mitchell is a guy that can carry an offense in the playoffs. Get some more wing depth but all their big pieces are there.
I agree with most of what you said including Cleveland winning this trade. I don't think they're a serious contender quite yet. With teams as is today I have Brooklyn, Milwaukee, and Boston as only serious contenders for this upcoming season. With injuries though I think Philly, Miami, and Cleveland in order are next.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I agree with most of what you said including Cleveland winning this trade. I don't think they're a serious contender quite yet. With teams as is today I have Brooklyn, Milwaukee, and Boston as only serious contenders for this upcoming season. With injuries though I think Philly, Miami, and Cleveland in order are next.

I have them behind the Bucks and Celtics but ahead of the rest, especially the Nets. The Nets have two stars who don’t want to play basketball. And another who doesn’t want to be there.

The Cavs were a top four team in the east last year until Rubio went down. Mitchell fills a big need for them, as a big time shot creator. I think Miami will take a step back, I do like a lot of the small moves Philly has made this off-season. So I would have them in my top four in the East as well.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I have them behind the Bucks and Celtics but ahead of the rest, especially the Nets. The Nets have two stars who don’t want to play basketball. And another who doesn’t want to be there.

The Cavs were a top four team in the east last year until Rubio went down. Mitchell fills a big need for them, as a big time shot creator. I think Miami will take a step back, I do like a lot of the small moves Philly has made this off-season. So I would have them in my top four in the East as well.
That's fair. I just think the talent is so immense with Nets is my only big disagreement. Simmons has been laughed at but I think he's almost a perfect on court compliment to Durant and Irving. Off court you're right. Could be 3 problems

• Agree
Reactions: CyJack13

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I thought wtf at first when I saw all the draft picks. But they will likely be pretty late picks anyways. They kept the great young core together. They made the play in game still after a late season collapse. They didn’t even have Sexton who was hurt all year.

I think it was a good trade and they got better.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
That's fair. I just think the talent is so immense with Nets is my only big disagreement. Simmons has been laughed at but I think he's almost a perfect on court compliment to Durant and Irving. Off court you're right. Could be 3 problems

Agreed about the basketball fit there. It makes a lot of sense if they all actually are on the court and engaged. I just can’t look past all their off the court drama at this point.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I thought wtf at first when I saw all the draft picks. But they will likely be pretty late picks anyways. They kept the great young core together. They made the play in game still after a late season collapse. They didn’t even have Sexton who was hurt all year.

I think it was a good trade and they got better.

And one of the picks they kept was 2024, which if you’re really speculating is Bronnys draft class.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Find it interesting Westbrook canned his agent and his house is for sale in LA.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Will be interesting to see how many teams will be "tanking" for this 7'4" kid this season: