NBA: 2022 NBA offseason

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Utah won that trade. Pat Bev and Russ is a nuclear bomb waiting to go off.
LeBron seems content trading off any young guys the Lakers have for these older veterans. 21 year old for a 34 year old, Utah wins that one hands down. In the right system with meaningful playing time I think THT is only going to get better and make the Lakers regret they traded him.

• Agree
Reactions: clone4life82

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Utah won that trade. Pat Bev and Russ is a nuclear bomb waiting to go off.

Lakers finally got off THT’s contract that they’ve been trying to move to anyone that would take it for about an entire year now. Think it was a good trade for both teams, THT should benefit from getting regular minutes in a low pressure environment now.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Lakers finally got off THT’s contract that they’ve been trying to move to anyone that would take it for about an entire year now. Think it was a good trade for both teams, THT should benefit from getting regular minutes in a low pressure environment now.
I don't think that THTs contract was the issue. THT was the only asset they had available to trade, which is why he was always involved in any trade talks.

Reactions: Snydes

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I don't think that THTs contract was the issue. THT was the only asset they had available to trade, which is why he was always involved in any trade talks.

His contract is fine if he performs better, last year he was a below replacement level player. You're right that he's one of the few assets the Lakers had but the contract combined with his performance is why there had been zero interest in him league wide.

• Agree
Reactions: ScottyP

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Some NBA people seem to think this will expedite the rumored Russ and two 1st's to Indiana for Myles Turner and Buddy Hield trade.

That would definitely make them more competitive. The lineup below isn't contending for a title, but it's a competitive lineup, with a lot of if's. If LeBron is engaged defensively, if you get decent shooting from Turner and Beverly, if they all stay healthy...

Beverly
Hield
LeBron
AD
Turner

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Some NBA people seem to think this will expedite the rumored Russ and two 1st's to Indiana for Myles Turner and Buddy Hield trade.
Well that's interesting. I don't hate it per se but Lebron has so many miles on his body.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

I don't know why anyone in their right mind would take on Westbrook at this point unless the Lakers are sending some valuable assets with him to offset his contract and the huge headache he is. Guy is a cancer and doesn't win. Yeah he puts up some crazy stat lines but he's a ball hog, crummy long range jump shooter, and not a very good guy if you want any kind of team chemistry. I laugh that Lebron and AD basically forced the Lakers to go get him and now that they realize it was a mistake have been stuck with him.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don't know why anyone in their right mind would take on Westbrook at this point unless the Lakers are sending some valuable assets with him to offset his contract and the huge headache he is. Guy is a cancer and doesn't win. Yeah he puts up some crazy stat lines but he's a ball hog, crummy long range jump shooter, and not a very good guy if you want any kind of team chemistry. I laugh that Lebron and AD basically forced the Lakers to go get him and now that they realize it was a mistake have been stuck with him.

And then stick him in the wasteland of Indy. Don’t see that having any chance of succeeding.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Indy doesn't really want Westbrook, they want to dump Hield's contract, so trading the 4 years left on that for one more expensive year of Westbrook gives them more cap space going forward, and the Lakers will also need to attach one or more first round picks in this deal. An unprotected, or limited protected, 2027 Lakers first round pick could be very valuable as its not hard to see a scenario where the bottom falls out for them once LeBron leaves.

The Pacers have also been trying to move Turner for two years now, which I think he's a solid player but obviously not in their long term plans.

Help Support Us

Become a patron