NBA: 2022 NBA offseason

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Utah looks like its going for a rebuild

I think Ainge knows he's not going to win a title with Mitchell as his best guy. Also might be a good market for teams looking for a difference maker but not wanting to pay the extremely high price the Nets are asking for Durant.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Wow - the Suns just screwed themselves by allowing the Pacers to sign Ayton to a max offer sheet. They now have 48 hours to decide if they want to match, which will mean they’re in the luxury tax and can’t trade him until Jan 15, or let him go and not have spent all their available money but still be considered over the cap.

What a total **** up. GM should be fired for allowing this to happen.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wow - the Suns just screwed themselves by allowing the Pacers to sign Ayton to a max offer sheet. They now have 48 hours to decide if they want to match, which will mean they’re in the luxury tax and can’t trade him until Jan 15, or let him go and not have spent all their available money but still be considered over the cap.

What a total **** up. GM should be fired for allowing this to happen.
I imagine they'll let him go.
Also, the Pacers are making some moves for sure.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I imagine they'll let him go.
Also, the Pacers are making some moves for sure.
Man was I wrong.
So my new theory is that the Suns will try and trade him and maybe for Durant.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I thought I heard they have 2 days to try to sign and trade him now or else resign him

No, from what I've been hearing is they had 2 days to sign him to keep him or the Pacers' offer stands. The "sign and trade" offer the Suns wanted to do fell off the table as soon as Ayton signed that offer sheet with the Pacers.

That's why I'm saying the Suns' GM has been absolutely incompetent in this - he's backed the entire team into a no-win situation with Ayton now.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
No, from what I've been hearing is they had 2 days to sign him to keep him or the Pacers' offer stands. The "sign and trade" offer the Suns wanted to do fell off the table as soon as Ayton signed that offer sheet with the Pacers.

That's why I'm saying the Suns' GM has been absolutely incompetent in this - he's backed the entire team into a no-win situation with Ayton now.

I think your criticism is a little overblown. They had to expect an offer sheet was going to come for Ayton. Letting him walk for nothing would have been incompetent, but keeping all the core pieces of a 64 win team isn't a terrible offseason. With the timing of this too, I'm sure they've felt out what the Nets want in return for Durant and don't think it's feasible. I don't think they are in any worse situation with Ayton than they were from the moment they opted not to give him the rookie max extension last fall.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Tyrese and Ayton on that high ball screen....dang. Really good fit.

They need at least one more piece to be really good. One or two shooters around that that can spread the floor and be ready to shoot on a kick would be huge.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The East is so weak that Indiana may contend for the playoffs next season even without major additions.
Agree with that and I'll go further with another team.
If Cleveland can add a piece, they can really contend for the East title for a while.
Their top 5 players are really, really young.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
They need at least one more piece to be really good. One or two shooters around that that can spread the floor and be ready to shoot on a kick would be huge.

Hield, Duarte, Mathurin, they have shooters. Even Turner is a good shooter for a big. They are going to put up points, but will likely struggle on D.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
You think Keegan Murray is a 20/9 guy?

There were 27 guys avg 20 or more per game last yr in NBA and of those 6 avg 9 rebounds or more. 3 more were 20/8 for a total of 9 guys.

This might be the worst / most ignorant take I have seen on this Message Board in a very long time. And the ignorance flows freely in this place

Want to bump this post again as summer league winds down.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron