Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Wonder if first four game will be part of tickets we buy or I wonder possibly it free to anyone who wants to go. Of course I'm sure it will cost, ncaa does nothing for free.
What time is our game?
We just bought tickets. No time announced yet. And, from the Athletics email:
NOTE:
All-session tickets will NOT include the first four game featuring Depaul and Dayton which will be played Wednesday, March 16.

Please check Cyclones.com for the latest information on the 2022 NCAA Tournament and for ticket information on subsequent rounds.

• Informative
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
We just bought tickets. No time announced yet. And, from the Athletics email:
NOTE:
All-session tickets will NOT include the first four game featuring Depaul and Dayton which will be played Wednesday, March 16.

Please check Cyclones.com for the latest information on the 2022 NCAA Tournament and for ticket information on subsequent rounds.

Thanks for info.

Reactions: Ms3r4ISU

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I don't know anything about women's basketball except Ashley Joens and Clark are really good, but is it customary to put Iowa and Iowa State together in the same region like that?

1st time I can remember it happening.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Rivalry aside I am guessing neither team should hate the potential matchup in the Sweet Sixteen. Last time Iowa was there they ran into the same kryptonite that we have, Baylor. We should also like playing a team we matchup well with. They don't really have an athlete to stop Joens for 40 minutes.

ISU: Got another #2 you'd rather play? Other choices are Texas, Baylor and UConn.

Iowa: Rather play another #3 that plays hard defense, say Mulkey and LSU?
Yeah, ISU should have beaten TX the last go round. Just missed some critical shots at the end. Even so, Baylor would have probably beat on the ladies again. Iowa is definitely the team that would scare me the least in that group. At least they are not going to ride our guards all the way down court.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Yeah, ISU should have beaten TX the last go round. Just missed some critical shots at the end. Even so, Baylor would have probably beat on the ladies again. Iowa is definitely the team that would scare me the least in that group. At least they are not going to ride our guards all the way down court.
Clark/Czinano combo just seems so much tougher now that its 3 months later. But truthfully, I don't think there's a top 4 seed and above who we could possibly match up down low with. Bless our posts efforts, but we need an upgrade there. Thou shalt let the '3' ball go!

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I hope our women have a little edge to them entering the tournament. I would be pissed if I was them that we were a 3 seed and Iowa is a 2. They are more business like, so the are probably are only worried about Friday.
Uconn, Baylor and Texas are the other 2s. Sweet 16 v. Iowa seems pretty favorable.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Clark/Czinano combo just seems so much tougher now that its 3 months later. But truthfully, I don't think there's a top 4 seed and above who we could possibly match up down low with. Bless our posts efforts, but we need an upgrade there. Thou shalt let the '3' ball go!
Yes, our post players really battle in the lane, but can't do much offensively.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Please god let them be at a different time then men
Im not even sure what the best option is. I would like to do all session tickets and make it home for the mens game. So i guess i hope we get a 11:00am and 1:30pm session? But that means lower attendance This stinks

undersized_post

Apr 18, 2021
I'm honestly surprised that Iowa was given the 2-seed while Iowa State was given the 3-seed. I think they did this so that ESPN could continue to drum up the potential clash between Clark and Boston in the Elite 8, even though the odds of Iowa getting beat before that are high. I also think it would have been strange optics to have three Big 12 teams in the top 8 overall seeds. To the ISU fans upset that Iowa got placed above them, look at it this way -- should ISU win, the "upset" factor would make it that much sweeter of a victory. ;)

Before that though, ISU will have its hands full with Georgia. Que Morrison has been defensive player of the year in the SEC which is an incredible honor in a conference known for its defense. And Jenna Staiti is a very efficient post when the guards can get her the ball. Should be a great game but definitely ISU is the better team, or at the very least has a higher ceiling when they are playing well.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not sure if it will hold, but according to the ticket portal I'm looking at, you can choose seats for Wed. night.
ISU site? That's how we bought ours last night. The "first round" wasn't listed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron