2023-2024 Recruits & Transfers

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I keep seeing people say this. Seems like neither guy would want to redshirt. Is that something that happens in wrestling? I just think of football and basketball and I can't imagine any of them being okay redshirt sophomore year after starting freshman year. I'm genuinely curious. Didn't know if it happened more in wrestling.
Everyone’s situation is different. As an elite wrestler you want 4 years of NCAA wrestling championships. Coaches have to get creative with guys redshirts and use them when and where they can. Some guys come in more ready to go than others and might go early in their career and use a redshirt later due to many factors: growing into a new weight, Olympics/international wrestling, injuries, competition at their weight. With wrestling growing into a weight and taking a redshirt year to “bulk up” and adjust is common.

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
I keep seeing people say this. Seems like neither guy would want to redshirt. Is that something that happens in wrestling? I just think of football and basketball and I can't imagine any of them being okay redshirt sophomore year after starting freshman year. I'm genuinely curious. Didn't know if it happened more in wrestling.
Sometimes there are events in life that throw you a curveball.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Dresser did mention we might have 1 starter out due to the gambling probe for a short amount of time but pretty much left it at that yesterday. He didn't seem too worried about it. I have no inside knowledge on who it could be.

Yonger said he's enjoying full feed and not cutting weight. Says he feels like he has more energy than before, which is insane.

Broderson is going up to 197.

Chittum was wearing long sleeves yesterday and occasionally had his hood up. Seems like a crazy guy.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Chittum was wearing long sleeves yesterday and occasionally had his hood up. Seems like a crazy guy.

evil-smile-jack-nicholson.gif

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Sorry, but I can't mock the Hawkeyes for taking a Ferrari or two and turn around and get excited we are taking AE. That's hypocritical. Not a fan of it. Love our coaches and program, regardless. :) They aren't here to please me.

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Sorry, but I can't mock the Hawkeyes for taking a Ferrari or two and turn around and get excited we are taking AE. That's hypocritical. Not a fan of it. Love our coaches and program, regardless. :) They aren't here to please me.
Control the controllables and let somebody else think they are more virtuous.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
If someone steps up and gets a real good finish at NCAA, it would be hard to make them move

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
I want to say AE would be a Redshirt Junior this year. Could technically probably get an injury waiver one of his years in Columbus depending on how the NCAA views his freshman year injury.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Enlighten us
St John told me at Humboldt that the lineup from 125-157 is very fluid. Assume redshirts, gambling, health, & probably a few other factors.

There are things (whether gambling, health or other issues) that I will not mention on a message board. Those are for the staff or wrestlers to tell, if they want to.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron