2023-2024 Recruits & Transfers

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
That doesn’t matter for their recruiting class rankings. He can get grouped in with these guys because he took a grayshirt from a fans perspective though.
But the better question is why does it matter, rather than the semantics? I’m not worried about a recruiting class ranking if it doesn’t include the best guy we’ve added. I’m still gonna feel pretty damn good about where we’re at!

garvey27

Feb 7, 2021
I would disagree with that thinking on Chittum. I see Meyer Shapiro is on Cornell's list and he did exactly the same thing last year. Forgave his senior year of high school, took all his classes online, trained with Cornell, participated in Opens, graduated from his old high school, and is now entering as a Freshman.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
The main bigger question is whether or not he’s any good.
All the talk coming out from within the corner he’s turned with his mat wrestling is legit. Who knows I’ll believe it when I get to see it but the ones talking know their stuff

Reactions: crablegs

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Others associated with the program didn’t definitely say 49. 41 sounded like it was in play.
Agree, seems strange a high level guy would want to come in at a weight Johnson has 3 years left and likely won't grow out of.