2023-24 Former Cyclones Now at Other Schools Tracker

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I posted this thread last year just as kind of a way to keep tabs on former Cyclone men's basketball players now lovers scorned playing for new schools. The goal isn't really to play "what if" but rather to be informative in nature. We as fans (or at least I do this) become invested in these young athletes that initially choose to uproot and move to Ames, IA in part to fulfill our entertainment needs. Even when it doesn't work out at Iowa State, I like to keep up with what these guys are up to now and see how they end up developing. What is the next chapter for a guy like Eli King? What is Terrence Lewis up to in what seems like his 10th year of collegiate eligibility? I'll be keeping track all season in this thread. Probably update it every Monday or so with their season long stats, noteworthy performances etc. Feel free to let me know if I am missing anyone!

Eli King, North Dakota - 5.9 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 2.7 apg. North Dakota has played 2 games against D2/NIAA type of competition. If you remove those games, he is only averaging 3.8 ppg...North Dakota is 6-1, their lone loss coming way back in the season opener vs Mad Fran. He is still getting starter type minutes, so must be doing something right.

Jaden Walker, East Carolina - 8.0 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.3 apg. Seems like more of the same from Jaden this year, looking back to his stats from a year ago. Not shooting the 3 very well at only 25%. ECU is 4-3

Tre Jackson, Western Carolina - 10.3 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 2.0 apg. Tre is off to a rougher start than I had realized. Only shooting 27.9% from 3 pt. He wa up over 42% a year ago. WCU is 6-0 including a win @ Notre Dame. He'll heat up soon.

Caleb Grill, Missouri - Sporting a new hair do, averaging 7.9 ppg, 5.3 rpg, and 1.5 apg so far thru 8 games for the Tigers (6-2).

Darlinstone Dubar, Hofstra - 18.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.7 apg. Dubar enjoying the most success of his career thus far in the early part of the season. The Pride are 4-2

Tyrese Hunter, Texas - 12.2 ppg, 4.0 apg, 2.2 rpg. Looking a little bit more like FR Tyrese at Iowa State this year for the Horns, as his scoring and assisting is back up, but his 3 pt. shooting has come down some from last year (30% now compared to 33% in 2022-23). The despicable Horns are 5-1.

Tristan Enaruna, Cleveland State - 17.0 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 3.1 apg. He has been a dawg for the 5-3 Vikings.

Blake Hinson, Pitt - 19.6 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 39% from 3. Still the bucket getter that this Cyclone team needs IMO. Pitt is 5-2 fresh off a loss to Blake's former teammate, Caleb Grill.

Xavier Foster, SMU - Has appeared in one game. Picked up a rebound and 2 fouls. SMU is 5-3.

Terrence Lewis, Grambling - 8.0 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 35% 3 pt. Grambling been getting pounded by everyone lately, currently at 2-5 overall.

Jeremiah Williams, Rutgers - Has not played. Sounds like the reasons are between recovering still and waiting for an NCAA waiver to play immediately (had previously used his one-time transfer to play right away at ISU)

Still playing: Members from the infamously terrible 2019 class

Dudley Blackwell - Clayton State (D2)
Luke Anderson - Florida Southern (D2)

Eligibility Exhausted? These guys don't appear to be on active rosters entering the 2023-24 season:

Nate Jenkins - most recently Green Bay, but has only played 4 seasons so far so should have a COVID year available. Not listed on their current roster.
Tyler Harris - think he finally exhausted his eligibility
Rasir Bolton - same
Javan Johnson - had a heck of year for DePaul, but it looks like he played in NBA Summer League this past year.
Zion Griffin - recently discovered he is out of eligibility. Looks like he caught on professionally overseas https://basketball.eurobasket.com/player/Zion-Griffin/473775

Last edited:

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Terrence Lewis, Grambling - By all accounts that I can decipher, this information is not in error. Terrence Lewis is continuing along the Jordan Bohannon path and embarking on an unprecedented 6th collegiate season. After he left Iowa State in wake of winning then losing the final game played before the big COVID shut down in the 2020 Big 12 Tournament

I ******* love that game in its glorious absurdity.

Nixon ballin' the **** out. Lewis flexing after the dunk and not getting back on defense.

Of course OSU scored and won the game.

The perfect encapsulation of that season and Terrence Lewis' Iowa State career.

By the way, I think he's going into his SEVENTH year of college ball...

(By calendar year of the spring semester.)

2018 = freshman at Iowa State
2019 = sophomore at Iowa State
2020 = junior at Iowa State (COVID)
2021 = senior at South Alabama (didn't play)
2022 = super-senior (not sure if at South Alabama or Grambling St., but didn't play/injured)
2023 = super-duper senior at Grambling St.
2024 = Jordan Bohannon at Grambling St. (if he is indeed going to play this season)

JoBo was in college six years. T-Lew is going for seven! He should be ABD by now!

• Wow
Reactions: nrg4isu and Messi

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I ******* love that game in its glorious absurdity.

Nixon ballin' the **** out. Lewis flexing after the dunk and not getting back on defense.

Of course OSU scored and won the game.

The perfect encapsulation of that season and Terrence Lewis' Iowa State career.

By the way, I think he's going into his SEVENTH year of college ball...

(By calendar year of the spring semester.)

2018 = freshman at Iowa State
2019 = sophomore at Iowa State
2020 = junior at Iowa State (COVID)
2021 = senior at South Alabama (didn't play)
2022 = super-senior (not sure if at South Alabama or Grambling St., but didn't play/injured)
2023 = super-duper senior at Grambling St.
2024 = Jordan Bohannon at Grambling St. (if he is indeed going to play this season)

JoBo was in college six years. T-Lew is going for seven! He should be ABD by now!
You're right, I think I was missing his 2021-22 season where it was unclear which school he even was at. I would be very curious to know what exactly has happened to him since leaving Iowa State. Injuries and transfers to deep southern schools for a kid originally from Milwaukee.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
could see both Tre and Jaden trying to go back up to P5 for their 5th seasons

I think this is Tre's last year unless he redshirts, graduates, and goes somewhere else. His best friend and high school teammate is also his backcourt mate at Western Carolina FWIW.

2019-2020 - COVID year
2020-2021- ISU
2021-2022 - ISU
2022-2023 - WCU
2023-2024 - WCU

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I think this is Tre's last year unless he redshirts, graduates, and goes somewhere else. His best friend and high school teammate is also his backcourt mate at Western Carolina FWIW.

2019-2020 - COVID year
2020-2021- ISU
2021-2022 - ISU
2022-2023 - WCU
2023-2024 - WCU
good call. man im ready for covid eligibility to be done with

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque