*** 2023 Chicago Bears ***

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Perhaps the Bears won't be trading the #1 pick... If MHJ is the next coming at WR then take him #1 and when his deal comes up to resign DJ Moore might be heading out leaving the Bears with MHJ as their #1 WR five years from now.

The Bears can use the #10 pick at Edge or OL...I prefer OL so they can keep protecting JF1.
I hope the Bears trade down. Taking a top QB at #1 seems like a recipe to repeat what happened with drafting Fields and Trubisky. And I don't feel drafting a generational WR guarantees a playoff level team. Just look at the Lions with Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson.

They need draft picks and I would hope they could trade down just a few spots and get multiple 2nd/3rd round picks in 2024 & 2025. Use those picks to get talent around Fields.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
I hope the Bears trade down. Taking a top QB at #1 seems like a recipe to repeat what happened with drafting Fields and Trubisky. And I don't feel drafting a generational WR guarantees a playoff level team. Just look at the Lions with Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson.

They need draft picks and I would hope they could trade down just a few spots and get multiple 2nd/3rd round picks in 2024 & 2025. Use those picks to get talent around Fields.
Fields isn’t the problem and switching him out for another QB doesn’t change much of anything. They’ll still have all the same deficiencies up and down the roster, and they’ll just replay the last 6-7 years all over again. He may never be a franchise QB, but he’s good enough to build around.

As a Bears fan, I know they’re going to **** it up. I’ve learned to enjoy they ways the find to **** it up. Since I don’t even in Chicago anymore, I don’t even care that they’re going to **** up their new stadium, wherever and whenever (or if) it gets built.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Fields isn’t the problem and switching him out for another QB doesn’t change much of anything. They’ll still have all the same deficiencies up and down the roster, and they’ll just replay the last 6-7 years all over again. He may never be a franchise QB, but he’s good enough to build around.

As a Bears fan, I know they’re going to **** it up. I’ve learned to enjoy they ways the find to **** it up. Since I don’t even in Chicago anymore, I don’t even care that they’re going to **** up their new stadium, wherever and whenever (or if) it gets built.
I’m of the opinion that the bears need to make a trade to accumulate more talent. That trade either needs to be fields for a high draft pick (maybe they could get a second rounder for him? Maybe more?) or they need to trade the 1 down for a lower 1 and additional picks or players. I don’t believe fields is the ultimate answer but I also believe they need a lot more help in other places (offensive line, WR, TE and so on).

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
I’m of the opinion that the bears need to make a trade to accumulate more talent. That trade either needs to be fields for a high draft pick (maybe they could get a second rounder for him? Maybe more?) or they need to trade the 1 down for a lower 1 and additional picks or players. I don’t believe fields is the ultimate answer but I also believe they need a lot more help in other places (offensive line, WR, TE and so on).
Absolutely agree. I don’t trust this organization to make good QB decisions, and drafting a QB #1 is a massive investment. It burns a huge amount of resources, and the outcome is unclear even for the best franchises.

Moving the draft pick is going to net them more return than moving Fields, IMO. What they do with those additional resources is anyone’s guess. Fields has been good enough to not reset a rebuild, and they can win with him under center if the rest of the team isn’t *******.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
They need to just take Harrison Jr overall and be done with it. Then get Fields some offensive line help at #10. Then from there stock up on defense and more OL help and they might be a playoff team next year.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
So it looks like the Bears 2024 Draft Picks currently include: Rd 1 (1 & 10ish), R3, Rd 4 (10ish & Philly Pick) and Rd5. They traded 2024 picks for Sweat(#2) and Feeney (#6).

I trade down a few spots in 2024 draft to pick up a 2024 second round pick and 2025 first rounder+. If Caleb Williams is as good as some people say, gotta believe the Bears can get 4-5 high round draft picks in 2024 & 2025. That is based on the Bears trade last year and also the Texans trade for Stroud.

I load up on offense, basically ignore the defensive side of the ball. Transform the Bears O- similar to what Dolphins did. The good thing is this is a strong draft at OT.

Rd1/5ish: LT or WR (Trade down and take LT or WR)
Rd1/10ish: WR or LT (LT or WR- position not drafted at #5)
Rd 2: C or G (Acquired from Trading Down with Top Pick)
Rd 3: RB or WR
Rd 4: WR or RB
Rd 4: Best Available Defensive Need
Rd 5: Flyer on Developmental QB

• Winner
Reactions: clone4life82

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
They need to just take Harrison Jr overall and be done with it. Then get Fields some offensive line help at #10. Then from there stock up on defense and more OL help and they might be a playoff team next year.
This! Build the roster talent. If Fields ends up not working out at 2024 or 2025, the roster will be set for either a rookie QB or a FA QB to walk in and have a better chance at success right away. This year and next year could combine for a great core to be drafted and signed (with all that cap space) for years to come. It's still early but Poles seems to be a legit GM.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
Yeah that was bad.
Hated the Eberflus hire anyways so it's not a total loss, but if you are an ex-coordinator hired as DC, the side that you coordinated before should be done well, and Eberflus couldn't do that except for the total tomato can like teams. Like what the hell are you actually good for.

Fire both, trade Fields, grab CWill and hope for Harbaugh or another OC for HC.

Reactions: clone4life82

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
This! Build the roster talent. If Fields ends up not working out at 2024 or 2025, the roster will be set for either a rookie QB or a FA QB to walk in and have a better chance at success right away. This year and next year could combine for a great core to be drafted and signed (with all that cap space) for years to come. It's still early but Poles seems to be a legit GM.
I’m not a Bears fan, but I’d trade Fiekds for a second this year and more future picks. He’s just not consistent enough to be a successful QB in this league, but he did play well enough at the end of the year to raise his stock.

I don’t think his value will ever be higher, and, outside of Cousins and maybe Wilson, he’d be the best available vet QB out there.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
I’m not a Bears fan, but I’d trade Fiekds for a second this year and more future picks. He’s just not consistent enough to be a successful QB in this league, but he did play well enough at the end of the year to raise his stock.

I don’t think his value will ever be higher, and, outside of Cousins and maybe Wilson, he’d be the best available vet QB out there.
Fields will thrive in Atlanta. Hoping he goes there.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Fields will thrive in Atlanta. Hoping he goes there.

You would think so but I don't trust that coaching staff to get the most out if their players. You can blame Ridder for the turnovers but that run game is awful and it shouldn't be.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
You would think so but I don't trust that coaching staff to get the most out if their players. You can blame Ridder for the turnovers but that run game is awful and it shouldn't be.
That coach has got to be fired. He’s awful. But I would have said that about Eberflus too

• Agree
Reactions: Pizzapitter

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Fire coaches and go after Harbaugh. Trade the #1 pick and see if they can trade up again to somehow draft Marvin Harrison Jr. Or trade Fields and draft Williams and draft one of the other stud WR's. Load up on the O and D lines through draft and FA.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
Fire coaches and go after Harbaugh. Trade the #1 pick and see if they can trade up again to somehow draft Marvin Harrison Jr. Or trade Fields and draft Williams and draft one of the other stud WR's. Load up on the O and D lines through draft and FA.
Grab CWill and Odunze. Load up on OL in 2nd-3rd. It's a deep OL class. Bears still have 50mil in cap space which some will need to go to the new rookies, but still have ways to acquire splash players.

Actually liked the Bears rookie class this year, feel good about Poles making good draft picks.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Saw they get pick one and nine, that should be a good thing. Follow NFL casually do they have the money to utilize 2 high picks?