*** 2023 Chicago Bears ***

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Bears are worth $6B.

McCaskey's aren't worried about family wealth.

The problem with the Bears’ ownership is that it’s all they have for their family fortune. They are, obviously, the original owners, they are not business people. Most NFL owners made their fortunes in some other endeavor and bought into the NFL. The McCaskey’s are a family who only know income from the Bears. They have the Luxury of being the only franchise in a city full of die-hard fans who are still on a waiting list for season tickets.

The McCaskey’s look at every player, coach and staff contract as cutting into their bottom line. They could fill the roster and coaching staff with a high school team and they know people will still show up. ****, they still let the park district manage the playing field instead of hiring a professional.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Not like you and I worry about wealth, but yes, they are. When they sell, it’s worth $6B. In the mean time everyone in the family is collecting a salary. There is a lot of division between sell and keep inside the family. There are 51 heirs to that $6B and they all want a piece.
Yeah the talk is there are a lot of "extended" family members who would like to cash in and sell but as long as Virginia is around that's not going to happen. Not sure George McCaskey would ever put the team up for sale either.

Last edited:

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
The problem with the Bears’ ownership is that it’s all they have for their family fortune. They are, obviously, the original owners, they are not business people. Most NFL owners made their fortunes in some other endeavor and bought into the NFL. The McCaskey’s are a family who only know income from the Bears. They have the Luxury of being the only franchise in a city full of die-hard fans who are still on a waiting list for season tickets.

The McCaskey’s look at every player, coach and staff contract as cutting into their bottom line. They could fill the roster and coaching staff with a high school team and they know people will still show up. ****, they still let the park district manage the playing field instead of hiring a professional.

And really, they inherited this fortune. George Halas started the bears and was married to Virginia McCaskey. When George passed away, the McCaskey family inherited the franchise.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Not like you and I worry about wealth, but yes, they are. When they sell, it’s worth $6B. In the mean time everyone in the family is collecting a salary. There is a lot of division between sell and keep inside the family. There are 51 heirs to that $6B and they all want a piece.
Yep, if divided equally 51 ways, that is a measly $117.65M apiece.

Poor losers for sure.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
If Chicago shows up like they have for the majority of last 2 games there are still a few more win chances. I could easily see Chicago get 4 or 5 games.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
If Chicago shows up like they have for the majority of last 2 games there are still a few more win chances. I could easily see Chicago get 4 or 5 games.
With what's left on the schedule, 4 or 5 would be a disappointment, IMO.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
With the Panthers loss today, Bears officially have the #1 pick in next years draft. Happy new years.
s1wzkn2d3p9c1.jpeg

Reactions: DBQR4CY

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Can't wait to see the top of the draft set after next week's games. It'd be great if the Bears could trade that #1 pick and still stay in a spot to pick MHJ.
That would be ideal, but I don't see MHJ dropping out of the top 3. Probably will have to take him at 1 if they want him.

• Agree
Reactions: clone4life82

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't think green bay and Minnesota are going to tie this one.

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
Perhaps the Bears won't be trading the #1 pick... If MHJ is the next coming at WR then take him #1 and when his deal comes up to resign DJ Moore might be heading out leaving the Bears with MHJ as their #1 WR five years from now.

The Bears can use the #10 pick at Edge or OL...I prefer OL so they can keep protecting JF1.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Oh, I think they will trade down. There are a couple teams near the top of the draft that need a qb desperately, so there will be something of a bidding war for that slot. If the Bears are comfortable keeping JF1 (and they should be, kid isn't the problem) they are going to get another huge haul to just give up a spot or two this year, which is incredibly valuable to the franchise. Just look what they made of the Carolina pick last year.

Poles has proven to be fairly adept with this, it's weird, I've never had faith in a GM before.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'll preempt this with I'm a Packer fan but I think the best possible move is they try to trade back with NE at 3 take MHJ and get some draft capital. I doubt BB is happy letting 2 other teams determine who their QB will be.

• Agree
Reactions: clone4life82

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron