*** 2023 Chicago Bears ***

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I’m not a Bears fan, but I’d trade Fiekds for a second this year and more future picks. He’s just not consistent enough to be a successful QB in this league, but he did play well enough at the end of the year to raise his stock.

I don’t think his value will ever be higher, and, outside of Cousins and maybe Wilson, he’d be the best available vet QB out there.
I agree with all of this.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Fire coaches and go after Harbaugh. Trade the #1 pick and see if they can trade up again to somehow draft Marvin Harrison Jr. Or trade Fields and draft Williams and draft one of the other stud WR's. Load up on the O and D lines through draft and FA.
I’ll one up you…. Do everything you said with the coaches and harbaugh. Trade one down to 3 to the pats and their second round pick). Grab Harrison at 3. Grab penix at 9. Trade fields and grab some o linemen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISUTex

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009

What an idiot. As a Packers fan I find these quotes hilarious. Pretty big moron to make these comments about a team that beats you way more frequently than not

Pizzapitter

sopsycho
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2020

What an idiot. As a Packers fan I find these quotes hilarious.

Tempted to buy the Bear t-shirt. "REBUILDING SINCE 1986."
Hard to be optimistic, given the never-ending decades of mediocrity.
Glad another ******** season is over.
And yeah, thank God that DM found Detroit revival.
Will always love David...wish him the best.

Reactions: ISUalways

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

What an idiot. As a Packers fan I find these quotes hilarious. Pretty big moron to make these comments about a team that beats you way more frequently than not

I think he's speaking more of the Bear coaches. They were giving the Packer WR's a lot of space for some odd reason. The Packers have vastly superior coaches than the Bears and it shows every time they play.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Welp. Guess we're gonna have to wait until the Bears sell. With there being over fifty "owners" of the Bears within the Halas family, I don't ever see that happening within the next fifty years. Please Virginia, settle with family and sell the team. Your dad is rolling over in his grave with the way his daughter and grandson are mishandling his team.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Welp. Guess we're gonna have to wait until the Bears sell. With there being over fifty "owners" of the Bears within the Halas family, I don't ever see that happening within the next fifty years. Please Virginia, settle with family and sell the team. Your dad is rolling over in his grave with the way his daughter and grandson are mishandling his team.
The rumor is that a lot of the younger ones in the family want to sell and cash in but the old guard isn't interested in doing it. Maybe once Virginia passes but I doubt her son George puts it up for sell either.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
As an outsider (not a Bears fan), I don't know if I should laugh at the Bears or feel sorry for them. This organization lacks direction and is poorly run.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Pizzapitter

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
As an outsider (not a Bears fan), I don't know if I should laugh at the Bears or feel sorry for them. This organization looks direction and is poorly run.

Feel sorry for us. Not the ownership but everything else.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I agree with all of this.

Fields can't process the field and anticipate when guys will be open. He's had 3 years to show something on this front and hasn't. It's time to move on.

Sadly I think the Bears retaining Eberflus indicates they may be leaning toward holding onto Fields. Keeping Ebeflus is a mistake but keeping Fields would be a massive one.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Fields can't process the field and anticipate when guys will be open. He's had 3 years to show something on this front and hasn't. It's time to move on.

Sadly I think the Bears retaining Eberflus indicates they may be leaning toward holding onto Fields. Keeping Ebeflus is a mistake but keeping Fields would be a massive one.
I don’t disagree. I posted later on but my preference would’ve been to trade fields for a pick (maybe a second rd?), get rid of eberflus, trade the 1 to the PATs for their third pick and maybe a second rounder and a player, pick a qb up with the 3rd pick. Grab a WR and a stud o linemen or two and then go into next season fresh

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
As an outsider (not a Bears fan), I don't know if I should laugh at the Bears or feel sorry for them. This organization looks direction and is poorly run.

This fan base still talks about a team that won a game almost 40 years ago and still quotes an SNL sketch almost as old.

They can't be hurt. The new Cubs, but not as loveable

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
The rumor is that a lot of the younger ones in the family want to sell and cash in but the old guard isn't interested in doing it. Maybe once Virginia passes but I doubt her son George puts it up for sell either.

George McCaskey is the biggest problem IMO.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
This fan base still talks about a team that won a game almost 40 years ago and still quotes an SNL sketch almost as old.

They can't be hurt. The new Cubs, but not as loveable

At least we're not Viking fans. They don't even have an SNL skit or a legendary team from the past. They just have a stupid horn.

Reactions: NoCreativity

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
MHJ is a sure thing, trade back and draft him at 2 or 3 if possible. If not take him at 1.

Trade the #9 pick and get the best Oline available.

Run it back with fields and eberflus one more year. If it doesn’t pan out, ditch both and use all that draft capital for the best QB next year.

I’m not against taking Penix either if he falls to #9. Sit him behind Fields until he inevitably gets injured and move on.

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity