***2023 GB Packers Thread***

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I hate the 49ers so much. Literally our Achilles heel- especially in the playoffs lately.

Yes, they’re easier/more fun to watch now with Purdy (when they’re not playing us).

Still encouraged for our future. This team has a lot of potential.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I hate the 49ers so much. Literally our Achilles heel- especially in the playoffs lately.

Yes, they’re easier/more fun to watch now with Purdy (when they’re not playing us).

Still encouraged for our future. This team has a lot of potential.

I’m a Pack man as well but I came into the season expecting a lot less than we got. This was a year with rookies everywhere so just to make the playoffs was huge. To piss pound the Cowboys was orgasmic. I was absolutely rooting for Purdy knowing the Pack will only keep growing.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Go Lions and Montgomery!

49ers win all the time…. time for someone new. Lions winning would be great!

• Disagree
Reactions: NWICY

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I’m a Pack man as well but I came into the season expecting a lot less than we got. This was a year with rookies everywhere so just to make the playoffs was huge. To piss pound the Cowboys was orgasmic. I was absolutely rooting for Purdy knowing the Pack will only keep growing.
Yes, came in with absolutely no expectations this year so it was all house money to begin with. And of course, it’s always fun to cut the Cowboys down (they probably feel the same way about us that we feel about the 49ers anyways).

Knowing we’re this young, and seeing how Love really turned it on over the last 2 months- definitely encouraged even after the results tonight (especially if we could get a truly healthy roster).

• Puke
Reactions: DukeofStratford

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Yes, came in with absolutely no expectations this year so it was all house money to begin with. And of course, it’s always fun to cut the Cowboys down (they probably feel the same way about us that we feel about the 49ers anyways).

Knowing we’re this young, and seeing how Love really turned it on over the last 2 months- definitely encouraged even after the results tonight (especially if we could get a truly healthy roster).

Brock is young too, and the 49ers will have plenty more opportunities too.

Lions have never made it. Gotta root for them.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Brock is young too, and the 49ers will have plenty more opportunities too.

Lions have never made it. Gotta root for them.
I think most will agree that we will be rooting for the Lions against Tampa Bay.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
A dubious spot and a missed field goal. Greatly exceeded my wildest dreams for this season, but man it's a kick in the nuts to lose like that, even if it's to Brock.

Please get rid of Barry.

• Puke
Reactions: DukeofStratford

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
The Packers have SIX draft picks in the top 120 of the 2024 NFL Draft (1 First Round - tentatively #25, 2 Second Rounders (3"s 41 & 52), 2 Third Rounders - #'s 83 & 88 and 1 Fourth Rounder - #120). In addition to their eight regular draft picks, we'll get compensatory selections for Allen Lazard, Jarran Reed and Dean Lowry, probably 5th, 6th & 7th Rounders.

What do YOU think the Packers should be targeting? My thoughts immediately following elimination:

1) Safety - Darnell Savage was a busted draft pick - he's undersized, tackles like crap, is perpetually injured and can't cover despite having 4.3 speed. He dropped a certain pick six thrown right at him, couldn't cover a TE on a TD pass and got run over by McCaffrey on one of his two TD's. Time to cut bait with him. Nobody else on the roster is worth a sh!t. Mr. Simone Biles and Anthony Johnson are not the answers.

2) MLB - After watching the pair of 49er MLB, Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw cover in the flat, stuff 4th down QB sneaks, pick off passes and hit like trucks, I'm beyond envy. De'Vondre Campbell needs to go - he's awful. Quay Walker is obviously unintelligent - he's a physical specimen but virtually worthless because he's rarely in the correct place.

Anyway, Gute does a nice job with the draft but I'm hoping he'll actually make a high round investment in these two positions which are normally addressed later, since we're glaringly behind our primary competitors in these areas. We can't get off the field in crunch time because we're weak up the middle. JMHO.

Reactions: clonedude

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron