***2023 GB Packers Thread***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Don't know if there is one of these threads already out there or not?

What are fellow Packers fans thoughts so far on Jordan Love? His stats were fine last night, but I didn't think he looked that good honestly. His TD throw was REALLY good IMO, but outside of that, his accuracy wasn't that great, even on completions... throwing high on some, throwing behind guys on some others, etc.

I actually was more impressed with Clifford last night... and feel that he will be a pretty decent option if Love either gets injured or fails miserably. I know it will be Love's job all year most likely though... that's where the investment has been made.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Hard to glean much from preseason, but I generally agree.

Some franchises (49ers in recent years) have shown that you can win with a serviceable, not star, QB with a good offense structured around them. LaFleur is at least a good offensive mind, and Love has good receivers to work with.

That said, the upside is lower now, and I'd be surprised if Love starts every single game this year.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Clifford has been a lot more impressive IMO. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is starting games this year or next.

He seems a LOT more poised and under control in the pocket IMO. Love always looks nervous in the pocket to me.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not a GB fan per say but I follow them...I didn't recognize very many players in their game last night and really can't tell if they have much this season.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Seeing how good of a passer rodgers and Favre were. Love is throwing the WR deep balls short and the TE deeps long. Doesn’t drop it in on fades, makes the receiver do the hard work.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What’s the scoop with Anthony Johnson in Packerland?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Seeing how good of a passer rodgers and Favre were. Love is throwing the WR deep balls short and the TE deeps long. Doesn’t drop it in on fades, makes the receiver do the hard work.

They also saved their terrible ints for the last play of playoff games instead of in week 3.

Reactions: Cyched and BCClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
excited-kermit.gif

Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron