***2023 GB Packers Thread***

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Didn't hurt that Carr went down, either.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Pack is so young. I’m actually thrilled we are 2-1. I thought we would be Bears level suck this year. Love looking pretty good for having his top reciever out

el tornado

Mar 23, 2006
27 players on the active roster are rookies or in their 2nd season.
That's half the team!

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Solid defensive effort in the last minute of the Giants game. Geesh.

Reactions: Jer

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I have a share of the worthless 1990's era Packer stock framed on my office wall, so I'm a true-believer. I just won't get upset about this season because it was a throw-away before it ever started. We had the third-most dead cap money (Bucs & Rams have more) to start the season and the youngest roster in the league. Every team has to work thru injuries but ours have been to the few veterans left on the roster - Bakhtiari done before he even gets started, Jaire Alexander, Aaron Jones, DeVondre Campbell, does Eric Stokes even play for us anymore?

Anyway, management didn't do poor Jordan Love any favors in setting him up for success, so we knew the season would have ups and downs. I'm thrilled to even be in the playoff picture with Valentine & Ballantine at CB! Keep your chins up - there are better days ahead!!!

Reactions: Drew0311

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I have a share of the worthless 1990's era Packer stock framed on my office wall, so I'm a true-believer. I just won't get upset about this season because it was a throw-away before it ever started. We had the third-most dead cap money (Bucs & Rams have more) to start the season and the youngest roster in the league. Every team has to work thru injuries but ours have been to the few veterans left on the roster - Bakhtiari done before he even gets started, Jaire Alexander, Aaron Jones, DeVondre Campbell, does Eric Stokes even play for us anymore?

Anyway, management didn't do poor Jordan Love any favors in setting him up for success, so we knew the season would have ups and downs. I'm thrilled to even be in the playoff picture with Valentine & Ballantine at CB! Keep your chins up - there are better days ahead!!!
The playoffs should definitely be the goal, considering who the Packers have left on their schedule and the teams they have the tiebreaker over. Going 3-1 over their final 4 should be very, very doable.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
GB schedule is very Big 10 West-like. Should be able to run the table.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
GB schedule is very Big 10 West-like. Should be able to run the table.
Aren't you a regular contributor in Marcelason's Viking thread? No trying to work reverse psychology in the Packer thread! :)

My children are all Packer fans but my daughter married a nice young man from southern MN who wears the purple. Their union has produced a grandson (my first) and the battle is underway for the child's soul! Viking fans are nefarious. First the daughter doesn't come home for Thanksgiving - then the in-laws get Christmas Eve. But dressing the innocent child in a Viking #4 jersey is a stake thru my heart...

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I used to be a huge fan of the NFL, and my Monday mood was definitely defined by a victory or a loss from Sunday. I have since dialed it way back for a number of reasons..... The biggest reason why I no longer have any emotional attachment to the sport is the fact that the NFL cares very little for it's players and only cares about how much money the league can make. They tried to cover up the CTE scandal, and they now force themselves on us by having games on TV as many days of the week they can muster.

I do contribute to the other NFL threads as well. My heart is still ISU first and foremost. Watching NFL games is merely a couple hours of entertainment, then moving on.

Reactions: ICCYFAN

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I was down on Love after the Denver loss, but impressed with how far he’s come this year. He’ll be a solid QB going forward with this young talent on offense.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I was down on Love after the Denver loss, but impressed with how far he’s come this year. He’ll be a solid QB going forward with this young talent on offense.

He seems to be a 'not too high/low' type that keeps with it.

Help Support Us

Become a patron