***2023 GB Packers Thread***

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Kind of shocked the Bears Packers game for a GB playoff spot isn’t on TV
I looked at the CBS game coverage map this morning and there was a part of central Iowa that didn’t get Packers / Bears. I live in Iowa City and we were solidly in Packer coverage area this week.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
I watched that game in dancer hall at my brothers dorm room
I also remember exactly where I was when Majkowski threw the TD pass to Sterling Sharpe while his body was across the LOS. It started a new family tradition which exists to this day, when your team is trailing and something good happens. My girlfriend (now long-time wife) was in my apartment’s kitchen, and she had to stay in place until the game ended. My now 29 year-old son enforces the rule fiercely! Great memory!!!

Reactions: NWICY and Drew0311

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I looked at the CBS game coverage map this morning and there was a part of central Iowa that didn’t get Packers / Bears. I live in Iowa City and we were solidly in Packer coverage area this week.

We didn’t get it in central Iowa. Hopefully this is the start of something special in GB with all the youth

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
The potential is 22MM not 14.5MM.
While there’s differing info out there, I believe you are correct - $13M base with up to $9M in performance incentives. If Love plays at this level next year, that’s still a great deal for the Packers.

Reactions: Drew0311

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
On to Dallas and a date with our old buddy Mike McLardy. The Packers are playing with house money now, getting healthy at the right time and feeling the confidence of youth. I don’t know if we’ll prevail but I like our chances against “them Cowboys”! Please please please don’t assign Buck and Aikman to this game!!!

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
On to Dallas and a date with our old buddy Mike McLardy. The Packers are playing with house money now, getting healthy at the right time and feeling the confidence of youth. I don’t know if we’ll prevail but I like our chances against “them Cowboys”! Please please please don’t assign Buck and Aikman to this game!!!

But, but, but ... it’s “America’s Team” in Dallas, why wouldn’t they get “America’s Booth”?

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
The Cowboys run defense is suspect and Aaron Jones finished the season with 3 straight hundred yard games. Packers control the clock with Jones and hope for Dak to turn it over once or twice. JLove converts in the red zone and the Packers shock the world and advance as a 7 seed. Go Pack Go!

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
The Cowboys run defense is suspect and Aaron Jones finished the season with 3 straight hundred yard games. Packers control the clock with Jones and hope for Dak to turn it over once or twice. JLove converts in the red zone and the Packers shock the world and advance as a 7 seed. Go Pack Go!
Wow you nailed it! Hope you put money down. I can’t believe how bad Dallas tackling is.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Dallas does what they always do in the playoffs... play horribly. Prescott is not a good QB and McCarthy will be working as the mascot at Buc-ees next week.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
This was Green Bays super bowl, weren't supposed to be here. GB said no chance they make playoffs in their own lockerroom all season long. Playing with house money. I believe everything the media tells me about them. They were so down on their own team to start the year they ruled themselves out.

Brock Purdy to the SB.