NFL: ***2023 San Francisco 49ers***

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

clonze2011

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 15, 2011
Sacramento
Oh sorry no. I was responding to the comment to impress the locals use “The City” (which I’ve never actually heard used).
Lived there for 4 years (until a few years ago). Can’t say I heard “The City” ever being used. The only place that phrase showed up was on a warriors logo (throwback maybe??)

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Lived there for 4 years (until a few years ago). Can’t say I heard “The City” ever being used. The only place that phrase showed up was on a warriors logo (throwback maybe??)
I just thought that was weird for the warriors to throw out there. First off-they’re named Golden State, shouldn’t they technically represent the entire state of California? Secondly, they’re in the Bay Area- there’s two cities right there. Thirdly- they weren’t even in San Francisco at the time- they were in Oakland. Just kind of confusing messaging all around.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I just thought that was weird for the warriors to throw out there. First off-they’re named Golden State, shouldn’t they technically represent the entire state of California? Secondly, they’re in the Bay Area- there’s two cities right there. Thirdly- they weren’t even in San Francisco at the time- they were in Oakland. Just kind of confusing messaging all around.

They were San Francisco Warriors first. After they moved from Philadelphia in 1962.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
San Francisco will likely be the favorite regardless of who they'd play. I'm not as confident KC can beat Baltimore.
49ers are 7 point favorites over the Lions right now. I worry, though, that the Lions Dline is so much better than the 49er Oline that Brock will once again be running for his life every time he tries to throw the ball.

I'd love to see more designed roll outs for Brock. I think he's really good when he's a threat to run but still keeping his eyes down field.

I also worry.about Detroit's very balanced offense. They're effective on the ground and in the air, and the 49er.dbacks were really exposed last game.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
49ers are 7 point favorites over the Lions right now. I worry, though, that the Lions Dline is so much better than the 49er Oline that Brock will once again be running for his life every time he tries to throw the ball.

I'd love to see more designed roll outs for Brock. I think he's really good when he's a threat to run but still keeping his eyes down field.

I also worry.about Detroit's very balanced offense. They're effective on the ground and in the air, and the 49er.dbacks were really exposed last game.
This is a dangerous game IMO. The Lions are playing with house money and are a physical team. I think they actually have the best lines left in the playoffs. The Niners need to shut down their running attack early (which would mean Montgomery sadly) or Detroit will line up and keep running all day. And, even then, LaPorta is a helluva target if the box gets loaded for the run.

On offense, I think McCaffery can carve up Detroit in space if they can get him the ball on screens and short dump offs. I'll be surprised if many plays are designed for long drop-backs for Purdy, especially if Deebo is out.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
I think 49ers got there bad game out. Seemed like everything was disjointed. Now that's out of the way I expect a more polished team vs Detroit.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
The Lions are good, but if we’re being honest Green Bay is better. The run game is a concern, but Goff is not as good as he’s being played up to be. With good weather I see this being a 10 pt win for SF.

Reactions: mynameisjonas

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Goff is 1-7 against the 49ers over his career. That makes me feel good about next Sunday. However, the common denominator for the 49er 3 game losing streak earlier this season is that Deebo missed all 3 games. That makes me feel bad about next Sunday. Hopefully, Deebo can heal up enough to play.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Goff is 1-7 against the 49ers over his career. That makes me feel good about next Sunday. However, the common denominator for the 49er 3 game losing streak earlier this season is that Deebo missed all 3 games. That makes me feel bad about next Sunday. Hopefully, Deebo can heal up enough to play.

Of course that 3 game losing streak also featured Purdy getting a concussion (which im not sure he was actually 100% from in the next game) and iirc Trent Williams was out as well. A lot was going wrong.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
The Lions are good, but if we’re being honest Green Bay is better. The run game is a concern, but Goff is not as good as he’s being played up to be. With good weather I see this being a 10 pt win for SF.
As of now, weather is supposed to be beautiful in Santa Clara on Sunday. Around 70 and partly cloudy at kickoff. Let's hope that holds and the team has gotten the yips out of their system now. Would be nice to see a good clean game from a team firing on all cylinders (preferably one that is NOT named "Detroit").

Reactions: NWICY