2024-25 ISU FB Early Predictions and Offseason Discussion

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
9-3, getting to 10-3 with a win in the Alamo Bowl
If that's correct, I feel our front 6 guys on D will need to take a considerable step forward. More guys outside of Tyler Onyedim need to make more plays. This is also important b/c we don't have a TJ Tampa quality corner anymore.

Sam Same, Ike Ezeguo, the transfer from Louisiana. Some young LB'ers will need to get better. I liked Jacob Ellis before he got hurt.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
If that's correct, I feel our front 6 guys on D will need to take a considerable step forward. More guys outside of Tyler Onyedim need to make more plays. This is also important b/c we don't have a TJ Tampa quality corner anymore.

Sam Same, Ike Ezeguo, the transfer from Louisiana. Some young LB'ers will need to get better. I liked Jacob Ellis before he got hurt.
Onyedim, big citrus, Ike, Trent Jones, Same. I think we’ll be alright in the DL, we need to see the LBs make some steps forward and get more pressure on the QB

Reactions: cyclone1209

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
Coaches and players discover what the fans already know; Just win at home and go 9-4 counting a non-*******-Memphis bowl win.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Mostly agree. I would probably switch the leans on UCF and WV.

7-5, 5-4 conference. I don't see much upside though.

The defense needs safety depth, improved LB play, and a couple DL to emerge. The LB play I think can happen, since they were playing a lot of very young guys. Safety depth maybe, but I don't see anything on the DL that would be a big improvement.

The offense skill players are great, no problems there. A dominant OL and they would be set to avg 40 ppg. And I'd be optimistic on the OL given their improvement through the year, except they got their salad tossed so bad by Memphis (Memphis!) I lost all confidence in that. So they will be good but erratic.

Kicker is something to worry about.

And of course, under CMC they have shown you can absolutely out-scheme and out-smart this staff and beat them in any given game. Costs them a game or two every year.

This cannot be overstated. CMC and his staff have been absolutely brutal with their in-game decision making.
Offensively you gotta like what's coming back. If only the OL and play calling/design could (by the grace of god) get to above average. If it could we could have one of the better offenses in the country.

As someone else said the DL needs some people to take a big jump and the LB core needs to immensely improve. Without knowing our kicking situation I'm going to go with 8-4. The offense, if healthy, should be tough to stop.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
No reason to be scared of anyone on our schedule. We have a lot of young returning studs who will take a big step forward.
UND - W
Iowa - W
Ark State - W
Houston - W
Tech - W
Baylor - W
K State - L
Kansas - W
Cincinnati- W
UCF - L
Utah - L
WVU - W

Reactions: Aclone

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
My 2024 projections, $#!t the bed against one team we shouldn't, get screwed by the refs on one game, and win one that we really probably shouldn't.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
For all the idiots who said last weekend they didn’t care if CMC got hired at Washington, look at what’s happening at Arizona right now. They went from one of the preseason favorites to having half of a roster and will probably picked to finish last. They have no way of filling right now and will only get the leftovers.

That would have been us.

Sorry if in wrong thread.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
Our record and success next year depend on us getting or developing (Questionable) a solid place kicker. Chase, was Godsend this year. Most years I have traditionaly watched ISU lose at least two games per years due to kicking woes and misses. It was an amazing, and dare I say even comforting, feeling this year to know we were likely going to make field goals.

Help Support Us

Become a patron