2024 Football Targets (Offer List in OP)

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Dudes a big, good looking athlete. Let’s hope he puts up better stats his senior year and improves immensely. Did I see correctly that he threw for like 4 TDs to 8 INTs and one rushing TD?
Being in the same class as Moberly, I'll be shocked if he plays QB here. At 6'5 225 he makes a very intriguing WR/TE prospect.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Dudes a big, good looking athlete. Let’s hope he puts up better stats his senior year and improves immensely. Did I see correctly that he threw for like 4 TDs to 8 INTs and one rushing TD?
I didn’t pay much attention to his stats. In his “highlights”, his OL was a sieve, and on pretty much every pass he was being pounded as he threw the ball—but they were still completions, thrown where they needed to be.
Being in the same class as Moberly, I'll be shocked if he plays QB here. At 6'5 225 he makes a very intriguing WR/TE prospect.
Moberly is a good QB. But I haven’t seen anything to indicate he’s on, say, Kohl’s level—and thus impossible to beat out.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I didn’t pay much attention to his stats. In his “highlights”, his OL was a sieve, and on pretty much every pass he was being pounded as he threw the ball—but they were still completions, thrown where they needed to be.

Moberly is a good QB. But I haven’t seen anything to indicate he’s on, say, Kohl’s level—and thus impossible to beat out.
Yeah I agree. The fact that they already had Moberly committed and Batiste is also listed as an ATH just makes me think the staff has plans of him playing elsewhere. Who the hell knows though; he could be the next Seneca in which feel free to come back and mock this post a few years down the road (I hope that happens!)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Mandel to Wisconsin, which is weird—since their Instate recruits mostly got raided this class by other schools.

Next up for the fifth spot on the OL might this guy, who visited the same weekend as Mandell and the others. Looks pretty athletic to me—but definitely not as physically developed as Mandell:

Clonelabdad

Jun 21, 2023
Mandel to Wisconsin, which is weird—since their Instate recruits mostly got raided this class by other schools.

Next up for the fifth spot on the OL might this guy, who visited the same weekend as Mandell and the others. Looks pretty athletic to me—but definitely not as physically developed as Mandell:

With the lack of visits I’d say he’s not a priority for anyone. I hope they wait and see what turns up later as a decommit or emerging target.

• Creative
Reactions: Aclone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Looks like Mandel to Wisc. Looks like this will be a very boring recruiting class.

Shocking…. that an OL recruit would pick Wisky over ISU. They have nearly every advantage over us that you could think of…. outside of playing time I guess.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

Nah, I think we stick with 4 o-linemen in this class.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Looks like Mandel to Wisc. Looks like this will be a very boring recruiting class.
Our 2018 class was “very boring” as well then, if you’d like to compare the two. If we get Witt Edwards, the two classes stack up very similarly and look at all the studs that were in that class. The hell with rankings. I trust what this staff is doing

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana

I too thought Bienvenue's highlights look really good. Don't hear any talk about him with the Cyclones though.

Reactions: Aclone

Clonelabdad

Jun 21, 2023
2018 had some great recruits for sure but overall the class had less than a 50% hit rate. Of the 22 committed players only 8 were top contributors and only 10 saw meaningful minutes.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
2018 had some great recruits for sure but overall the class had less than a 50% hit rate. Of the 22 committed players only 8 were top contributors and only 10 saw meaningful minutes.
Honest question and not trying to be snarky, how many guys in each class do you expect to be top contributors?

Clonelabdad

Jun 21, 2023
Honest question and not trying to be snarky, how many guys in each class do you expect to be top contributors?
Good, honest question. In 2018 I would say the 8 was good. It’s the 12 members of the class that didn’t contribute meaningful minutes that concerned me.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just offered, Tyrone Jackson—long wideout from San Francisco. Offers include Oregon, Oregon State, Utah and Washington State.

The connection is apparent.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just offered, Brett Eskildsen from Frisco, Texas. Decommitted from Northwestern, also an offer from KState, a bunch of Ivies and the service academies. Parents are from Iowa, mom is a Cyclone alum.

Oh…and has a 10.70 100m to his credit this last track season, along with a 22.1 200.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
OU just landed the top RB in the country. I’ll be curious to see if Xavier Robinson reconsiders his commitment—especially if the Sooners also get a commit from Caden Durham.

• Wow
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC