MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Please win today. That is all I ask. Forcing a game 5 would be almost be satisfying enough...almost. I just hate the Astros. They are cheaters and it gets under my skin to see cheaters continue to be successful. Almost as if there is no justice in the world.
Game 5 would be exciting. Verlander vs. Lopez with Correa possibly delivering the dagger. Or more likely Yordan delivering the dagger.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Is Kirilloff actually injured? I wonder if the MLB investigates these things. Kind of like how Gallo was “injured” at the end of the season. Oh well, time for Buxton to give us a Kirk Gibson moment!
MLB makes the decision on whether it is a discrete injury. Like if the Twins said Lewis hamstring pain increased and they couldn't replace him. If he broke an ankle, the could.

Does mean Kiriloff is out for the ALCS no matter what. Boy do I hope we regret that.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
MLB makes the decision on whether it is a discrete injury. Like if the Twins said Lewis hamstring pain increased and they couldn't replace him. If he broke an ankle, the could.

Does mean Kiriloff is out for the ALCS no matter what. Boy do I hope we regret that.
Yes. He’s out for the next round. And who cares, he can’t hit for beans right now.

Reactions: Ellie1

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Seems like they should explore signing this Lewis kid to an extension eh?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Astros hitters are just on another level from the Twins. And it isn’t just Alvarez, Tucker, and Aubreu.

Maldonado is fighting off good pitches and taking 9 pitches to get our. Twins hitters don’t even look like big league hitters against that sweeper.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Astros hitters are just on another level from the Twins. And it isn’t just Alvarez, Tucker, and Aubreu.

Maldonado is fighting off good pitches and taking 9 pitches to get our. Twins hitters don’t even look like big league hitters against that sweeper.
Yeah, can definitely see their experience. Defense is more solid too.

I think they pulled Ryan because he wasn't hitting spots. Hadn't been hurt a ton, but I think he was going to get shelled.

If they don't pull off a miracle, at least they are getting valuable playoff experience. They have a very, very bright future.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Is that by choice? I turned it on late, so I never heard why Ryan only went 2 innings.
Rocco gave Joe Ryan the manager's handshake after two innings and there's no report of an injury.

I don't get it. I need it explained to me.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Rocco gave Joe Ryan the manager's handshake after two innings and there's no report of an injury.

I don't get it. I need it explained to me.
Rocco went into the game planning on Ryan getting through the lineup one time and turning it into a bullpen game. Ryan wasn’t super sharp. He was leaving the ball out over the plate and was ripe to get hit hard.

No matter what Thielbar was going to be facing Alvarez, Tucker, Aubreu and Brantley, so that outcome wasn’t changing.

• Informative
Reactions: RING4CY

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Urquidy has gone 4 1/3 and set a career high with swings and misses.

Back to back games making mediocre pitchers look like CyYoung winners.

Reactions: KidSilverhair