2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
40-0 in 1st/2nd round is not healthy. Maybe it's more on a stupid tournament/playoff format than Uconn being good, but also some of it is just spreading out the talent more. Clark wanted to be a Husky right?

I commented live that the call on the illegal screen was brutal.
The playoff format of home court advantage is what ruins this tourney.

The absolute preferential treatment of their star player for ratings, ruins the game.

No other way to say it. They are doing everything they can to keep CC playing for the ratings, its so sickeningly obvious. The announcers are so blatantly CC pushers it isnt even funny.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
@HFCS Garbage like giving star treatment to get ratings is what will hurt the game. Not UConn’s dominance. That was a joke.

Winner…. THAT right there is what will ruin a sport. The fix was in big time. Not even close to a foul.

A very exciting game gets decided by the refs instead of the players on the court. Shameful.

I was literally on the edge of my seat at the end there, and the officials ruined the game.

Oh well…. they got what they wanted. Iowa beat a team missing 5 players and got the game deciding call they needed.

It’s the WWE folks!!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Ya it’s not good when the ref makes the biggest play in crunch time.

I'm not opposed to them calling a foul on a play at the end of a close, important game.

But it's got to be egregious. One nobody is going to question in hindsight.

A "eh, maybe" call that everybody would forget about if it was at 5:27 in 1Q isn't that call.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Winner…. THAT right there is what will ruin a sport. The fix was in big time. Not even close to a foul.

A very exciting game gets decided by the refs instead of the players on the court. Shameful.

I was literally on the edge of my seat at the end there, and the officials ruined the game.

Oh well…. they got what they wanted. Iowa beat a team missing 5 players and got the game deciding call they needed.

It’s the WWE folks!!
It's still real to me damnit!

crying-still.gif

• Haha
Reactions: jctisu and madguy30

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The playoff format of home court advantage is what ruins this tourney.

The absolute preferential treatment of their star player for ratings, ruins the game.

No other way to say it. They are doing everything they can to keep CC playing for the ratings, its so sickeningly obvious. The announcers are so blatantly CC pushers it isnt even funny.

After watching full game of South Carolina for first time they’ll need the help.