***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 5 (Sat., 10:00)***

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
So Ayala loss, Vito loss, Teemer loss, Carr win… we tie for 3rd no?
Yep, that is the way that I see it, but I don't think that either of those occurs. Vito wins and Ayala wins, Carr wins and we finish in 5th. Still a few moving parts with ASU just 4 pts behind us and having both Figs and Teemer in the finals.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
All I know is the lineup will not be decided now. They will let the kids eat/lift & train and see what they have in September. We have 3 RS available in Swiderski, Paniro & Chittum. We have a ton of options between 141 & 165 assuming no transferring in or out.
What are all of the 165 options?

MJ, Euton, Rojas?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ech saying he may move up more than one weight………. Obviously that would be 57 maybe. So chit goes 65?

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Generally it's clear you've never tried to wrestle with a broken finger so it's understandable that you'd make a dumb comment like this.
You are correct. But I did attempt to wrestle through chronic dislocated shoulders. Still affects me today 25 yrs later.

You are acting like a hawk fan.

And I played college football with broken fingers, a broken foot and dislocated shoulder.

Last edited:

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
I don’t think yongers statement was the reason he lost was from a broke finger. I do however think something was wrong with him that we don’t know. Because I think we can agree that match against big slav he would’ve put bonus on him if it was the Yonger at big 12s.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Generally it's clear you've never tried to wrestle with a broken finger so it's understandable that you'd make a dumb comment like this.
Listen to Dresser’s comments yesterday and again today; it’s very clear he’s not allowing the finger to excuse the poor result. Look at what Casey did in the 7th place match despite his knee and face/eye. Not the end for Yonger but he should have placed.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Paniro couldn’t use a redshirt with the suspension. Just lost a year of eligibility
Paniro is a hell of a player to pull off the bench.

Also, what’s all this about MJ making 65? Does this solve any problem or just create another one? He was just damn near an AA at 74 so why change? Who’s he making room for at 74? Not being critical, honestly curious and hadn’t thought about the MJ/65 thing.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
I think the weight shuffling from 133-174 will be the most interesting aspect of our offseason. Frost and Ech were clearly pulling big cuts this year. But count me in the group not convinced about Chittum being effective at 165 on top of Paniro being added to the Frey. Might end up having Frost/Frost/Ech/Paniro/Casey/Chittum/Redding all for 141, 149 ,157. Then MJ/Rojas both seem like guys who could go 165 or 174. Euton is in that mix possibly. Probably shopping for a 165 in the portal too.

Lots to sort out, but the amount of talent is a good problem. Clearly 125 and 197 are the other big transfer opportunities. 133 could be a question too if Frost doesn’t make the cut yet again.

Matrat

Feb 11, 2018
If Bastia guts it out for third like Griffith, who is very injured, that‘s minimum 10 points and driver’s seat for second place at 74.5 points.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Generally I agree and I’m not making light of a wrestler having a broken/dislocated finger.

There are however other athletes competing this weekend with torn knee ligaments and performing well. I think Younger’s mental state may have gotten the best of him unfortunately.
At first blush I think it’d really screw with you if you knew you essentially couldn’t grip with one hand even if you get to the guy. I get that a knee is physically limiting too but hand function just seems so crucial. Surely he didn’t react as well either but I’m not going to blame him much. ****** deal.

wrestlemania

Dec 3, 2017
At first blush I think it’d really screw with you if you knew you essentially couldn’t grip with one hand even if you get to the guy. I get that a knee is physically limiting too but hand function just seems so crucial. Surely he didn’t react as well either but I’m not going to blame him much. ****** deal.
THIS!

Reactions: jkbuff98

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
If Bastia guts it out for third like Griffith, who is very injured, that‘s minimum 10 points and driver’s seat for second place at 74.5 points.
I believe if he had wrestled to seed we'd have locked up 2nd this morning. Buuttt...sh*t happens.

Reactions: Cyclone Pfan