***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 5 (Sat., 10:00)***

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I will always believe that we were one broken finger away from 2nd place.
Generally I agree and I’m not making light of a wrestler having a broken/dislocated finger.

There are however other athletes competing this weekend with torn knee ligaments and performing well. I think Younger’s mental state may have gotten the best of him unfortunately.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Don’t know their goals/mentality, but it would be tough after getting a taste of action to be told you’re going to redshirt. If they don’t agree, it would make for an easy transfer and start at most other programs.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
Generally I agree and I’m not making light of a wrestler having a broken/dislocated finger.

There are however other athletes competing this weekend with torn knee ligaments and performing well. I think Younger’s mental state may have gotten the best of him unfortunately.
I don't disagree, but I think that one led to the other. No broken finger, no mental lapse.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny

Kind of matches the tone of Dresser’s comments last night. Hope he learns from it.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I don't disagree, but I think that one led to the other. No broken finger, no mental lapse.
Easy for this middle aged never been to say but, “Gotta find a way…”

Regardless, disappointing tourney for him and I’m confident no one is more disappointed than younger.

Reactions: TheCampanile

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Man a couple of frustrating first matches today to watch. Our guys initiate the action and the other guys just back up the whole time and only one stall call
Do the coaches need to revisit the playbook, Carr as an example. Playbook according to style of opponents?

cywr89

May 14, 2009
That doesn’t surprise me, but will be interesting. Frost/Frost at 33/41 would be fine. Ech 49 while Casey shirts? Seems to make the most sense.
All I know is the lineup will not be decided now. They will let the kids eat/lift & train and see what they have in September. We have 3 RS available in Swiderski, Paniro & Chittum. We have a ton of options between 141 & 165 assuming no transferring in or out.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
All I know is the lineup will not be decided now. They will let the kids eat/lift & train and see what they have in September. We have 3 RS available in Swiderski, Paniro & Chittum. We have a ton of options between 141 & 165 assuming no transferring in or out.
I thought Paniro used his RS this season?

wrestlemania

Dec 3, 2017

Generally it's clear you've never tried to wrestle with a broken finger so it's understandable that you'd make a dumb comment like this.

Reactions: CycloneVet