***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 5 (Sat., 10:00)***

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
So about this mornings matches.

Frost likely a decent underdog to Crookham but man, don’t think I can doubt him after how he has grinded.

Ech can beat Woods on his feet, the obvious question there is the mat wrestling. Ech is guaranteed 5th with McNeil MFF?

Like Casey against Kinner, though he’s on a bit of a heater.

Would be great to go 2-1 this morning (and winning 3rd or 5th) to keep pace for top 5.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
So about this mornings matches.

Frost likely a decent underdog to Crookham but man, don’t think I can doubt him after how he has grinded.

Ech can beat Woods on his feet, the obvious question there is the mat wrestling. Ech is guaranteed 5th with McNeil MFF?

Like Casey against Kinner, though he’s on a bit of a heater.

Would be great to go 2-1 this morning (and winning 3rd or 5th) to keep pace for top 5.
Frost is a dog against crookham, but I've seen a lot of semifinals losers fold and frost was probably a dog against shaver too. Ech and woods will be great think ech is on an upward trajectory compared to December and woods is struggling a little. Casey I think wins. Next matches haven't really thought about.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I remember Willie tweeting how Ryder Downey was the surprise of the year after Big 12s. I think Evan Frost ripped that away from him this tournament. Imagine going back to November and telling yourself that Frost would take Fix to ride outs and in the quarter finals and end up being a top 6 kid in the country. Extremely impressive what he’s done this year

Edit: found the tweet

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Obviously there’s multiple variables but what’s the estimated start time of David’s match tonight you guys think?

Session starts at 6. Usually lasts 3 hours.

He's up 7th, so I'd say no earlier than 7:30.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He does, but so did Hamiti. This dude’s pace is like nothing I’ve ever seen.
I hear you. He’s also never faced someone like David Carr. In a match where the opponent is willing to mix it up, give me Carr every single time.

true2isu

Dec 24, 2011
NE Iowa
Hello everyone.
I have been lurking on theshadow's threads all season.
It has been a great way for me to follow the wrestling team
in a sport I am not very knowledgeable about.
A big thank you to theshadow and to all the rest of you for the great
commentary and analysis. It has made watching the Cyclones this season
a blast. Will not be able to watch consolation matches. Guarantee you I will be watching David tonight.
Am I correct that If David wins tonight, the team will receive 4 placement + 1 advancement points.

Thanks again. !!!!GO CYCLONES!!!!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Session starts at 6. Usually lasts 3 hours.

He's up 7th, so I'd say no earlier than 7:30.
Appreciate that! I was kind in the 7:45 neighborhood but wasn’t confident. Got some family obligations tonight but was not going to miss it.

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
I agree. I think David will be able to get 1 or 2 early takedowns. Ideally that first period is like 6-1 David with decent riding time.

If it is a 4 minute match everyone on the planet is picking Carr. Messenbrink’s pace for 7 minutes is a real thing though. I think Carr will be as ready to handle that as anyone in the country, but I honestly have no idea how that 3rd period is going to play out.
Kinda surprised mizz didn't throw a brick in carrs match to get KOT a breather, our staff should be prepared to do so if needed. I think the challenges are bs and take too long, but if it's the system abuse it til it's fixed.

Reactions: 1100011CS

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What’s the explanation for the phone gesture David does after big wins?