5 guys Burgers

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
We had the exact same scenario as you. I went there for the first time and we dropped 30 for 3 smaller burgers and one medium fry. The burger was good but that's a little on the pricey side. We're bigger fans of Freddies here in NW Arkansas

I love Freddy's

• Agree
Reactions: ccruzen

ccruzen

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 19, 2009
Urbandale
Count me as another that loves Freddy's! Always stop when I'm going through MO.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah, Freddy's is really good. We've gone a couple times since they opened up in Ames. Burgers are good. Fries are very good. Price is decent. Just top notch across the board.
I thought part of their franchise arrangement in Ames to open 2 stores and since the 1 in campus town is walk in, the second would be drive thru.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I thought part of their franchise arrangement in Ames to open 2 stores and since the 1 in campus town is walk in, the second would be drive thru.
That would be excellent. I hope that's the case.

• Agree
Reactions: 3TrueFans

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Freddys fries are pretty lackluster, their burgers are good though.
I disagree. Their matchstick fries with their spicy fry sauce are the highlight... which is saying something, because their burgers are great, too

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

One of the proposed buildings on the old KMart parcel has a drive-through pictured in the early plans.

Reactions: JP4CY

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
I would take Whataburger over Five Guys any day of the week. Speaking of, it's an absolute monstrosity that the DFW airport doesn't have a Whataburger in it.
Thats why you gotta fly into Dallas Love or connect through Houston. Both Hobby and Bush have Whataburger.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I've never had five guys but no way is it worse than In N Out. In N Out is the worst fast food I've ever eaten.
jck.gif

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: cycloneG and JP4CY

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
If I’m talking Freddie’s I’m talking hotdogs. I love those Vienna Beef dogs they have there. Only place in Ames that serves them.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
We had the exact same scenario as you. I went there for the first time and we dropped 30 for 3 smaller burgers and one medium fry. The burger was good but that's a little on the pricey side. We're bigger fans of Freddies here in NW Arkansas
Freddie's is pretty good but my issue is that the burger is essentially the same as a Culver's burger which is fine but Culver's does it cheaper.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneG

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
In N Out is overrated. To me, it's almost like a school burger.

I had two major issues with In N Out. The toppings to meat ratio is way to high. I honestly couldn't taste any meat. It was like eating a salad burger. Second, the fries are awful. They're soggy and have no flavor. We ended up throwing out half of what we ordered and ate somewhere else.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I had two major issues with In N Out. The toppings to meat ratio is way to high. I honestly couldn't taste any meat. It was like eating a salad burger. Second, the fries are awful. They're soggy and have no flavor. We ended up throwing out half of what we ordered and ate somewhere else.

Get the fries animal style. They are simple fries. Nothing fancy and good in their simplicity, but I'm an animal style guy.

Did you at least get a double double burger? Never heard that complaint before.

Oh....and 5 Guys still sucks.