5 guys Burgers

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I had two major issues with In N Out. The toppings to meat ratio is way to high. I honestly couldn't taste any meat. It was like eating a salad burger. Second, the fries are awful. They're soggy and have no flavor. We ended up throwing out half of what we ordered and ate somewhere else.
Yes. The toppings ratio. The thick piece of iceberg lettuce. The thick tomato (admittedly, I don't like tomatoes). Don't forget the cheap bun.

I do pile on the toppings at 5 guys but they all combine with and enhance the flavor of the burger instead of making it feel like you're eating a burger that was grown in some granola's garden from Northern California.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Get the fries animal style. They are simple fries. Nothing fancy and good in their simplicity, but I'm an animal style guy.

Did you at least get a double double burger? Never heard that complaint before.

Oh....and 5 Guys still sucks.

I don't like dipping my fries in anything (@jcyclonee knows my views on ketchup). I like a clean, crisp fry that has all the flavor it needs.

Just went with a cheeseburger which is my common order at all fast food places. A single patty should be enough. You shouldn't have to spend more money on an extra patty to actually taste the meat.

I've never had 5 guys so I can't compare. I just know that In N Out is not good.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Get the fries animal style. They are simple fries. Nothing fancy and good in their simplicity, but I'm an animal style guy.

Did you at least get a double double burger? Never heard that complaint before.

Oh....and 5 Guys still sucks.
Maybe getting a double or double double would help. However, I love the 5 Guys fries. So messy and so unhealthy and so many.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
About the only place I will stop at in IC if I am passing through is a Steak and Shake. Double steak burger, fries and malt for under $10.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I just wind up going to Fareway and picking up some quarter pounders for the grill.