***#5 Iowa State at #18 Northern Iowa (Friday, 7:00)***

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
That was a terrible call. Could have swung the dual. Bastida still wins even if he gives up 6 there, but not likely a major anymore.
People freaked out about the ref not stopping the OU match when a choke out occurred in a questionable legal situation. Here is legs trapping the head with no arm and the ref errors on the side of caution. Understandable call IMO

• Disagree
Reactions: losinglion100

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
People freaked out about the ref not stopping the OU match when a choke out occurred in a questionable legal situation. Here is legs trapping the head with no arm and the ref errors on the side of caution. Understandable call IMO
If thighs squeezing on a head is PD then we can’t even have wrestling anymore. Happens all the time when a guy is coming up through the legs on a shot. This is nonsense.

• Agree

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
If thighs squeezing on a head is PD then we can’t even have wrestling anymore. Happens all the time when a guy is coming up through the legs on a shot. This is nonsense.
Same can be said of the OU position...happens all the time. I'm not saying it was the correct call but the ref immediately signaled potentially dangerous. Refs have a no win, tough job. This ref did a good job overall IMO.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Same can be said of the OU position...happens all the time. I'm not saying it was the correct call but the ref immediately signaled potentially dangerous. Refs have a no win, tough job. This ref did a good job overall IMO.
You’re glad your guy got bailed out of a bad position. There was nothing potentially dangerous in the least about this move.

Google Winn Dixie Nolf

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
You’re glad your guy got bailed out of a bad position. There was nothing potentially dangerous in the least about this move.

Google Winn Dixie Nolf
When I saw it live I thought the ref was correct because I thought it must have been a head scissors.

Then I saw the replay…….

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold and crablegs

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
It wasn’t a takedown yet, was it? The ref hadn’t started counting danger yet. Would of Gunderson been able to hold him in the danger position? I will have to watch it again

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
It wasn’t a takedown yet, was it? The ref hadn’t started counting danger yet. Would of Gunderson been able to hold him in the danger position? I will have to watch it again
No no td yet and after watching I don’t think he was exposed for a 4 count came back to 90 degrees pretty quick

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I don’t think it needed the danger count. There was control.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So, what was the official call? Did the ref call PD? Or did he claim it was an inadvertant whistle?