***#8 Iowa State vs #4 Iowa (Sunday, 2:00)***

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Every sport is doing a trice uniform I believe. It’s the 100th anniversary. Are you saying that Jack trice was not a legend at ISU?
Ha. Easy response. Gray circle on mat. Multiple logos on singlets. Thankfully they brought back the robes. Bring back the plain Gold I on the singlet and the plain mat and we’re good.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Good riddance. ISU athletics right now is as good as it's ever been. Not the best basketball, football, wrestling teams we've had but overall name a better stretch. 99-02 was elite basketball and the turnaround for football. 10-15 was good basketball and started with good football. We have an AD who spends those dollars smartly, unlike BVDV.
The year where the football team went 9-3, basketball 32-5, women's BB to the elite 8, and the wresting team finished second in the nation (I think). Was 2000 I believe.

Speaking of wrestling that year. I was in Mpls for the basketball game against Auburn. I remember being at a bar and in the restroom a Cyclone fan high fived me and said "we are going to win a NT in wrestling!!!" I didn't know what the heck he meant, he then went on to explain to me that ISU had it in the bag. A lot had to go wrong for ISU to lose the advantageous position they were win for the final day, and guess what, it did. Iowa ended up winning.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
That might be the worse Iowa team in the last 15 years and ISU couldn't pull it off, very disappointing. I don't think KD did the team any favors.

College sports has changed with this whole transfer portal and this is something ISU needs to attack and get better talent. The days of recruiting a high school kid and building him are long gone. 2 out of 3 Iowa transfers won yesterday and those transfers filled holes that make Iowa more competitive.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
That might be the worse Iowa team in the last 15 years and ISU couldn't pull it off, very disappointing. I don't think KD did the team any favors.

College sports has changed with this whole transfer portal and this is something ISU needs to attack and get better talent. The days of recruiting a high school kid and building him are long gone. 2 out of 3 Iowa transfers won yesterday and those transfers filled holes that make Iowa more competitive.

So Chittum, Feldkamp and Echmendia aren’t transfers?

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa

We have 3 guys in our starting lineup that are transfers.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

2 out of 4 won.

It also weird that you mention it is the worst team but yet have 4 transfers starting for them All ranked in the top 8 of their weight. I would contend that this team was comparable to last years team with SL having his first match.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
The thing about the challenges, is you are trying to get the same 2 refs to reverse their call. If you could not get them to review Ech’s takedown on their own, they weren’t going to reverse it. Hell they looked at Chittum on their own

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
2 out of 4 won.

It also weird that you mention it is the worst team but yet have 4 transfers starting for them All ranked in the top 8 of their weight. I would contend that this team was comparable to last years team with SL having his first match.
And our transfers went 0-3? Stand by my point, we got to get better talent.

Iowa filled major holes with quality transfers and that played a major role in the match.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA

Iowa State was very active in the portal, won a recruiting battle in getting Feldkamp, lost out on a few transfers to other programs. I have no doubt the staff will be very active in the portal moving forward. Donating to the Cardinal & Gold Collective will give this staff the ammo needed to land some of the key transfers to help get us over the hump.

Also, I still think we need to focus on high school recruiting and developing. It has worked out with Carr, Coleman, Yonger, and others. We have some stud freshmen and sophomores in the Frost boys, Swiderski, Paniro, Chittum. There needs to be a balance between the two where the primary path is developing high schoolers while getting transfers to balance the lineup out. Another name to keep an eye on for the future that could be a great example of this staff's ability to develop is Conner Euton. Could be the 165 of the future after Carr graduates.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Iowa filled major holes with quality transfers and that played a major role in the match.
You think AE is bad? He got hosed on his takedown against number one. Feldcamp crapped the bed. I think you must be calling Chittum a transfer. A true freshman out there against the number 2 guy, and was a couple tenths away from winning that? Yeah, he is awful. So to summarize, you are upset that two new guys didn't beat number one and number two? I'm giving you Feldcamp.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI

Are you stupid?

Echemendia has all of 26 college matches under his belt lost in SV to the #1 ranked guy who is a sixth year senior, and arguably should have won in regulation.

Chittum is a true freshman in his 3rd ever match and lost 4-2 to the #2 ranked guy who is a sixth year senior and arguably should have won.

Feldkamp was the most disappointing of the trio but in fairness it was to a true freshman who was a mega recruit and only Feldkamp’s 2nd match of the year, been dinged up and is jumping a big level up from Clarion to Iowa State.

If all you look at is 0-3 for those guys you’re lost.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
You think AE is bad? He got hosed on his takedown against number one. Feldcamp crapped the bed. I think you must be calling Chittum a transfer. A true freshman out there against the number 2 guy, and was a couple tenths away from winning that? Yeah, he is awful. So to summarize, you are upset that two new guys didn't beat number one and number two? I'm giving you Feldcamp.
I'll admit that I call Chittum a transfer but in no way am I calling him bad. I need to stop referring to him as a transfer. The kid is a gamer plain and simple. I'd like to hear 2for's argument with what you said. Woods title contender and ech had him. Chit went toe to toe with the #2 guy..give me Chit in march. Guess we were suppose to let me check get Haines from PSU at 57 and wait even better Bartlett at 41 from PSU again!

Help Support Us

Become a patron